Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prodigy - Welcome return to form (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brats View Post
    Their new stuff is 'kinda okay', but who wants that?
    Me!

It's a shame that people aren't digging the new singles, but I guess this album is more for the hardcore fans ie myself rather than pulling in the casual market.

Having said that, i'd love to see it top the charts from sales to the mass market but the general impression from people who aren't prodigy people is looking bleak.

Comment

Even if their new stuff like Invaders Must Die is mediocre they're still one of the best live acts in the country. I've seen them live 3 times and they were amazing on all 3 occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
        Me!

It's a shame that people aren't digging the new singles, but I guess this album is more for the hardcore fans ie myself rather than pulling in the casual market.

Having said that, i'd love to see it top the charts from sales to the mass market but the general impression from people who aren't prodigy people is looking bleak.
        I dunno, I like the new stuff, a lot... but in my eyes, their best stuff was on Fat of the Land, which I know is the sound Howlett is trying to move away from. Hell, I reckon the new stuff is more (lack of better term) 'casual' friendly than most of what was on Fat of the Land.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
          Don't be silly Ady. I think the Prodigy have travelled a great path along their career.

Experience - totally led the way in terms of old-skool ruffness and defined how an artist of that genre should produce.

Jilted - Well what can I say. Greatest album ever IMO. The Narcotic Suite - have a word with yourself - it's awesome!

Fat - This was in the Glastonbury 95 era and they basically produced a live kick-ass album with a couple of very good more laid back tracks - Narayan and Climbatise.

AONO - If you listen to this live or on a decently loud system you will appreciate it, then you can listen to it on your tinny headphones and realise the depth. Wake Up, Action Radar etc.

Jimbob
          I agree apart from AONO was total dire ****. Liam has lost it totally.

Just listened to invaders. Very average.
          British dance act The Prodigy have reunited to record their new album 'Invaders Must Die' and plan a tour for April 2009. (Nov. 5)

They all look off thier faces.
          Last edited by nakamura; 10-02-2009, 22:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa View Post
            Even if their new stuff like Invaders Must Die is mediocre they're still one of the best live acts in the country. I've seen them live 3 times and they were amazing on all 3 occasions.
            Yup, saw them live 3 times in 2008 and got 2 lined up for this year. Overall i've seen them about 15 times since 2000 and i've not regretted a single one.

That video is pretty odd, lately during video interviews they seem normal and, flint inparticular, is very funny.

Guess they couldnt be arsed that day
            Last edited by Dezm0nd; 10-02-2009, 22:45.

Comment

I'll always think the Prodigy Experience is their best album personally.

Jilted generation probably second

Fat of the land 3rd

downhill all the way!

Comment

I find experience has dated a lot more than other stuff of the same era. In particular orbital.

For me its Jilted, Fat then Experience as it still has good tunes but a little dated.

Comment

Experience has dated the most as it has that typical early 90's rave sound to it, the only tune which hasn't dated at all is Out of Space, but I still love the album for the most part.

Jilted is by far their best album for consistent quality throughout, not one boring moment for me in that album and IMD delivers the same experience. I'm not ashamed to say that TFOTL has more than it's share of filler content, songs like diesel power, climbatize, narayan are not the prodigy songs i'll be dying to hear again after the 10 year lifespan on the album, but Jilteds tracklisting must be heard in completion.

AONO on the other hand is largely crap, Phoenix, Memphis Bells, Get Up Get Off, You'll be under my wheels, wake up call and the way it is are so average that you won't stick them on again in a hurry.

Invaders Must Die is a consistently great album which i'm still failing to see why people dislike it so much. I'm wondering if the tunes were the same by another band, would it of been criticised so much or are general people outgrowing the style of music already?

Listened to it again in full yesterday and every time I do, it raises hairs on my neck and often makes my eye teary in the audio pleasures i'm recieving.

Comment

^On the other hand, Diesel Power and Narayan are my favourite Prodigy songs

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                      While they are not my favourites I still think they are very good tracks. I remember going ape for Fat of the Land when it came out. Record stores done midnight openings and everything for it.

One of my friends managed to get a promo of it 2 days before it was released, and we went to a house party that night armed with it. I think we listened to that album 4 times in a row that night.

Comment

Can't believe there's so much chat about an album that's not released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                          don't get me wrong, they are good pieces of music but not what people recognize the album for after 10 years + and certainly not A class material when Prodigy play live.

Any track, apart from the finalé, standup, can be played Live from the album I.M.D which what excites me the most about it, pure prodigy tracks through and through.

Comment

I take back what I said about this album earlier. I've been listening to it everyday for the last 2 weeks and Im still not bored of it. I'd say it might be their best yet in the sense thats it the first Prodigy album Im happy to listen from start to finish. All their last albums had at least 1 track I'd want to skip forward on.

It become a wicked album to go running with as well for me.

Comment

I got this early this morning. A return to form? In ways, definitely. From the sounds here, there seems to be a lot of digging into their past to put this together. I actually think that's been a pretty good step - I was not a fan of the last album at all and felt they had lost just about everything that made them interesting to begin with.

This gets that back, not really by moving forward, but by moving backwards. I guess they needed to be reminded of what they were doing.

And, for me, it works. Like many here, there's not a track I'd skip - well, possibly one but not quite yet. That's got to be a good thing though part of me wonders if it was due to playing it safe? Does it matter if it results in a good album? Probably not. Actually, right now, I'd say definitely not.

I like it.

Comment

Hoorah for some positives Still listening to this approximately three times a day during gaming and other stuff.

Bought it twice, one for play and one for the collection to be remained untouched. Top album, hope it tops the charts.

Omen single hit #5 last week so there's hope, AONO hit #1 without a single before hand I think? I'm sure Girls was slightly after release although I might be demented

Comment

Working...
                                X