X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First image of Jenna in character:

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      Oh god did anyone else fall asleep during that?

Comment

Series 7 trailer as premiered at the Dr.Who nerdcon (sorry, convention) at the weekend

The latest sci-fi news, reviews and features from the team at SFX Magazine. Subscribe here today.

Comment

Looks alright, the western set ep looks pretty lavishly done, definitely has that vibe that Amy's time is due.

Comment

First image of Jenna in character:

Hopefully not the final costume choice, despite being painfully appropriate for a Christmas special as it has a real "Granny knitted gift" vibe to it. I remember Matt's first image with him dressed in a black suit though, so we can but hope that this is still a work in progress too.
            Last edited by Daragon; 26-03-2012, 10:36.

Comment

Better quality video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLKGe...e_gdata_player

Comment

A review from the Guide to Doctor Who and its associated spin-offs, including Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

In their newsfeed they mention how ahead of the Bafta's Moffatt commented on complaints that Doctor Who and possibly Sherlock were too complicated:

"There's been a weird backlash among, I presume, fairly stupid people about the fact the shows are complicated and clever, but they're both huge international hits. We make no apology. Don't expect to do the ironing; sit down, pay attention and think about it. Audiences like complexity. They follow intricately plotted soap operas all the time. It depresses me when people say, 'It's all far too clever,'"

Additionally at a festival in late August there will be the premier of the opening episode of Series 7 making a BBC1 launch over the Bank Holiday likely.

Comment

"There's been a weird backlash among, I presume, fairly stupid people about the fact the shows are complicated and clever."

Someone must have pointed out that season 6 didn't make any sense.

[HIDE][/HIDE]
                  Last edited by Tig; 24-05-2012, 19:47.

Comment

I would never say that Dr.Who was clever. Currently, it's deliberately obtuse in order to create speculation and mystery over the season but it generally unravels and disappoints when everything's revealed and explained in the end. Like Lost (although I did love Lost) I guess it proves that it's easy to create mystery but not so easy to resolve it well.

I kinda like new Who but it's more for the fact that I can sit down with my son and have a telly event we can both get something from. Sometimes it touches on great but mostly it's just a bit of nonsense that has grown to think it's cleverer than it actually is.

New series. Meh.

Comment

The yearly childrens competition where kids write a short episode and the winner has there's made has now closed and the winning entry is now out:

Comment

First official pic of the two together

Jenna-Louise Coleman is headed to Doctor Who. BBC America has released a promotional photo of the actress and star Matt Smith.

Comment

Asylum of the Daleks, per THIS announcement over at BBC. The title of the new story has already increased the excitement building around it. Could the ‘asylum’ be a place or is it some sort of protection? Or does the word take on a new and...

The title of the first episode in Series 7 is:

SPOILER

Asylum of the Daleks

Comment

Heh, I watched an old Tom Baker episode last night on Virgin called "City of Death".

It was quite funny as the old format told one story over several episodes and there was a lot of fluff in the first episode. The Doctor and his companion spent a great deal of the episode running around Paris.

I remember seeing the end of the episode when I was little and the monster was really scary!
                            At the reveal of the end of the episode last night, he was quite...rubbery!

Comment

The Walking DeadEW has posted the first photos from the prison location which forms a big part of the upcoming third season of AMC’s zombie drama “The Walking Dead”. Showrunner Glen Mazzara says “it’s a huge sense of scale and magnitude I haven’t seen on any other show as far as construction. What’s important to […]

The crush of more than one generation Diana Rigg will be appearing in the second half of Series 7 or Doctor Who which airs 2013 alongside her daughter.

Comment

When does the new series start?

Comment

Working...
                                X