New Series of Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Sands
    I loved this Dalek ep, it was interesting to see how it was redesigned to combat the usual Dalek 'weaknesses'. I especially liked how they got the punger to appear to be pressing the buttons on the keypad.
    Daleks could climb stairs in previous series, can't remember which ones though.

Comment

Yeah, I was more talking about the other things they did, rotating body, plunger, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by womblingfree
        Daleks could climb stairs in previous series, can't remember which ones though.
        Remembrance of the Daleks.

Comment

Enjoyed tonight's episode. The CG creature was reasonable, so much better than the rubber suited efforts a few episodes back, but much more importantly the dialogue and acting was excellent.

More satire in there too which I thought was well done - all about the media inventing enemies and people being too stupid to see through it and realise they are just being controlled. Not as blatant as the weapons of mass destruction or the 'you people will even believe in invisible things' religious one, and better for it.

Glad to see the new sidekick is gone too. Best to keep things simple.

Comment

I enjoyed the ep too, far more so than the dalek one. Nice to see Simon Pegg in the episode.

Comment

I'm sounding like a stuck record here but I really enjoyed tonights episode as well.

And I agree on the new sidekick being got shot of ASAP.

Comment

Simon Pegg was excellent, he should be the new Doctor

Comment

Unfortunately I missed the first 10 minutes, so that may have something to do with it, but I didn't like this episode as much as previous ones. Perhaps it was the addition of an extra sidekick. One is just enough if you're only going to be running 45 minute standalone episodes. As long as they don't reach the excesses of Peter Davidson's 3 companions. Glad they got rid of him.

Not sure about the premise of next week's episode. Meddling in time is what the Dr. is all about. But I suppose it is consistent with previous series in a way. The 5th Dr. refused to travel back in time to prevent Adric's death at the hands of the Cybermen.

Comment

I only watched it for Simon Pegg and found it all rather confusing, unnecessary and stupid. Whatever, maybe I just don't 'get' Dr Who - is it supposed to be a comedy?

Comment

No, it is meant to entertain.

Comment

Anyone spot the obvious mistake in tonights ep?

Comment

Really enjoyed the episode tonight, definately the best yet. The writing was top notch. The only downwer were those god awful CG aliens. They looked like McDonalds Happy Meal toys or something.

But, still excellent. Great when they keep it simple, just relying on strong writing and acting.

The preview for next week looks like another CG special in London. Do we know who wrote it? If it's the guy who did the terrible aliens in downing street one...

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
                            Anyone spot the obvious mistake in tonights ep?
                            surely the wrong set of doctor/rose dissapeared?

i thought tonights was pretty bad myself. totally obvious what was going to happen, but we had to wait around half an hour for it to happen. boring.

Comment

I thought it was great! Again...damn, I'm turning into a Dr fanboy

Not sure about next weeks though, looks a bit too silly.

Comment

Well after being unsure after the first one, i'm rather enjoying it now.

Seems to get better as it continues. Good work the Beeb.

Comment

Working...
                                X