Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ
    This has just finished on UK TV...what a fantastic final episode! The violence was so well done - utterly brutal but when it counted really powerful and shocking.

Ceasar's scene at the end was really mental, and featured the best acting in the entire series (between Ceasar and Brutus). The fact that they didn't speak a word to each other - the whole scene was pretty much void of speaking parts - just allowed the importance of the event to shine without some cheesey line. I was so expecting the infamous line, but glad it didn't come.

And that arena scene: They can't do that on TV!

Roll on season 2!
    seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
      This has just finished on UK TV...what a fantastic final episode! The violence was so well done - utterly brutal but when it counted really powerful and shocking.

Ceasar's scene at the end was really mental, and featured the best acting in the entire series (between Ceasar and Brutus). The fact that they didn't speak a word to each other - the whole scene was pretty much void of speaking parts - just allowed the importance of the event to shine without some cheesey line. I was so expecting the infamous line, but glad it didn't come.

And that arena scene: They can't do that on TV!

Roll on season 2!
      thirded

As for Niobe (Indira Varma) - gutted.

Comment

The quality of the final few episodes thankfully continue with the first episode in Season 2, which I've just this minute seen. It continues pretty much exactly where the final episode left off, and everything is in place for a great season.

Most violent thing on TV, with some politics thrown in for good measure!

Can't wait for the next episode, gripping plot already

Comment

I take it you didnt watch this new series on BBC2?

Comment

Any news on HD DVD boxset for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              The quality of the final few episodes thankfully continue with the first episode in Season 2, which I've just this minute seen. It continues pretty much exactly where the final episode left off, and everything is in place for a great season.

Most violent thing on TV, with some politics thrown in for good measure!

Can't wait for the next episode, gripping plot already
              The production values are exceptional but the acting is fairly shaky in places - it certainly pales into comparison with the genius of The Wire, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under when you consider the budget which has been lavished (I think HBO have confirmed this to be the last).

As for the second episode - it's been over a year so I had no idea what was going on (bar the obvious). Gripping though.

Comment

Yeah the acting could be tighter, other than the final scene in season one which was really something.

The production values have really increased by the looks of things too - the end of the episode the other night panned out to show a wider view of Rome which was good. Loads of different sets too, far more than they seemed to use in the first season.

Comment

Fantastic!! ive been waiting for seaon 2 coming out for ages, loved this programme. Kinda reminded me of gladiator only with more depth.

Ill go away and "find" it tonight

Comment

Bumping an old thread here but looks like a Rome movie is in the works woo!

Comment

Late to the party, but have just finished the first series - brilliant stuff. Great script, great acting. Though far more cerebral than Spartacus, the latter had superior action and hot naked chicks.

Have started on the second season, which I assume will concentrate around Octavius and Marc Anthony. Both Ray Stevenson and Kevin McKidd are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X