No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastodon supporting Tool on their UK tour guys.

I'm ****ing ELATED.

Comment

I have but two more gigs lined up for this year ? Muse in November and Placebo in December. Unfortunately they are both at Wembley Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
        Mastodon supporting Tool on their UK tour guys.

http://www.totalrock.com/newsstory.p...luFpVkPdEjvJdM

I'm ****ing ELATED.
        Bleeders PMd me to inform me of this, and I very nearly bust a nut in my strides.

What a ****ing announcement - the two artists who have produced the two greatest records of the year, and the two finest hard rock bands on the face of the Earth, both on the same night.

Outstanding.

Comment

Went to see Jay Z in Manchester on Thursday night. ****in excellent! Quality performer without any of this needless gangster ****!

Comment

I think I've been to (or will be going to) more concerts this year than I have in the past tseveral years. A few months ago I got to see Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson play at this FANTASTIC concert hall, and then a couple of weeks ago I saw Candlebox (a Scottish band namaed Driveblind opened for them, and they were incredible), and next week I get to go see Queensryche. I feel like one lucky fella.

Comment

I'm fairly sure this is too off-topic here, but I'll be playing my first gig with my band this Thursday!
              Not my first gig I've ever played, but still pretty nervous.

Comment

Going to see Jay-Z in concert tonight

cant wait its at wembley thought id let u all know lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo
                  I'm fairly sure this is too off-topic here, but I'll be playing my first gig with my band this Thursday!
                  Not my first gig I've ever played, but still pretty nervous.
                  Good luck for your gig mate, i think everyone suffers from some form of nerves when playing in front of people, its natural no matter how much you do it.

Went to see soilwork last nite at the cockpit in leeds and it was an amazing gig. despite loosing me shoes in the pit a couple of times i really enjoyed it. Not been to a gig as good as that in a long time the support bands were also pretty damn good (exit 10 and some other band who i think were from france, wasnt too sure but still good non the less)

Comment

Literally just arrived home from watching Disturbed at the Manchester Academy 1. Absolutely amazing performance from them, IMO. Easily one of the best gigs I've ever seen, just for the atmosphere of thousands of genuine fans singing along to every word for well over 90 minutes. The whole band played together so well, and the lead singer is probably one of the best three singers I've ever heard tbh. Compared to the support group (Nevermore - who were pure ****e btw) it was so obvious that the reason Disturbed are such a popular group is because they can actually play well at a live show. And, compared to most metal (or "heavy rock" as they were calling it ) every word of every song was completely audible and easy to understand. Fantastic performance overall and well worth the cost of a ticket - a whopping ?15 I paid more than that for this Disturbed t-shirt

Comment

Going to see Ghost Face Killahhhhhererrererghghghghgh on Saturday

Comment

Got some last minute tickets to see The Raconteurs last night. Was absolutely immense. Was looking forward to seeing White Stripes at T in The Park a few years back but they cancelled and I never got round to seeing them again, and always wanted to as Jack White is a true legend. And that was proved last night at The Racs gig.

What a performance, most new bands like them in the similar music style generally just play their album as it sounds on CD with no changes etc but the whole night was mixed up with extras and cool solo's etc. Even played a version of Bang Bang(My Baby Shot Me Down) which lasted like 10 minutes.

Then when they played Level which if you know it, starts with a strange "wowweewowwee" noise, they done that for a whole minute themselves, I think before it was synthesized or something but it sounded so cool hearing them 'sing' it.

So many great moments in it, really one of my favourite gigs I've been to, makes you appreciate the music so much more when you see how much effort they put into their live performance.

Then when it finished, was out quickly, jumped in the car, stuck the CD on full blast and drove by everyone leaving and they're all shouting because we've got them playing again! Was funny.

So, after that gig, I have:

Guillemots - 24th Oct
                        Zero 7 - 26th Oct
                        Cosmic Rough Riders - 14th Nov
                        Gomez with Josh Ritter supporting - 18th Nov
                        Josh Ritter - 19th Nov

Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                          Going to see Ghost Face Killahhhhhererrererghghghghgh on Saturday
                          Full report pls

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                            Full report pls
                            It was shocking mate Terrible lightening meant that Ghost spent part of the show cussing out the dude in the lighting box. They couldn't get the biarches up on stage for Ice Cream untill finally some skinny posh chicks went up along with this fat rock bird who just stood on stage looking at the crowd with a bored expression while smoking a fag >_<

Had some highlights though, Wu medley was hype, stuff of Fishscale was banging and lighters out for ODB followed by some serious Oooh Baby I like it RAW chanting.

Overall tho it was pretty weak for a Hip Hop show, let along a Ghostface killah one (which turned out to be more Theodore Unit than his solo ****s).

He still The Champ tho

Got ticket for The Game in December, hopefully he can bring the drama...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                              It was shocking mate Terrible lightening meant that Ghost spent part of the show cussing out the dude in the lighting box. They couldn't get the biarches up on stage for Ice Cream untill finally some skinny posh chicks went up along with this fat rock bird who just stood on stage looking at the crowd with a bored expression while smoking a fag >_<

Had some highlights though, Wu medley was hype, stuff of Fishscale was banging and lighters out for ODB followed by some serious Oooh Baby I like it RAW chanting.

Overall tho it was pretty weak for a Hip Hop show, let along a Ghostface killah one (which turned out to be more Theodore Unit than his solo ****s).

He still The Champ tho

Got ticket for The Game in December, hopefully he can bring the drama...
                              Hearing that. Went to see "Wu Tang Clan" about 8 or 9 years ago at Brixton - was a show scheduled until 3am - and only about 4 of them actually turned up. I don;t even remember RZA being there - pretty sure it was Mathematics on the ones and twos - shocking. Paid through the nose for it and got caught fare dodging on the train home by Adolf Hitler in a BR uniform. Bloody useless lazy rappers!

Comment

Going to see the New York Dolls at the Forum, this sunday. Should be good fun.

Got two spare tickets for it if anyone is looking for some...

Comment

Working...
                                X