No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resisted the urge to go see Tool again, but did go to see a rather splendid Japanese metal band, D'espairs Ray last weekend. Quality stuff.

Comment

Dirty pretty things @ brixton academy sun 3rd dec anyone else going?

Comment

Muse were awesome last night, thing is with arena tours is that half the crowd aren't for it as much as the small venues. It doesn't beat The Prodigy at Britxon Academy August 05, but it was great to finally see them (sober, at least)

Bit of a gruelling travel home, but I did make a penis out of peppercorns, salt and sugar from the packets for the lovely virgin megastores people to clean up. Complete with brown sugar pubes.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Dezm0nd; 16-11-2006, 12:05.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Off to see the magic numbers tomorrow, primal scream the next week and buzzcocks the week after...all should be fun.
            Last edited by Gareth C; 20-11-2006, 22:48.

Comment

Motorhead tonight and Peeping Tom tomorrow night!

COME ON!!!!

Comment

Went to see Muse at Wembley on Wednesday night. There's a reason these guys keep winning best Live act awards. I've seen them 3 or 4 times now (can't belive I've lost count) and they never fail to entertain. After surviving being crushed at the front as always, and cowardly retreating to a safer place where I wasn't fearing for my life I had a great time. Can't wait for next time they in London. In the meantime, two weeks until Placebo

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete donkey
                  Went to see Muse at Wembley on Wednesday night. There's a reason these guys keep winning best Live act awards. I've seen them 3 or 4 times now (can't belive I've lost count) and they never fail to entertain. After surviving being crushed at the front as always, and cowardly retreating to a safer place where I wasn't fearing for my life I had a great time. Can't wait for next time they in London. In the meantime, two weeks until Placebo
                  I was there Wednesday as well, really fantastic performance. And I'll be there for Placebo, too. I'm hoping they're as good as they were in 2004

Comment

NIИ on the 25th and 26th of February at the Apollo in Manchester...

...and then at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, 22nd March.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 29-11-2006, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                      Nine Inch Nails on the 25th and 26th of February at the Apollo in Manchester...

...and then at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, 22nd March.
                      Went and saw NIN in London for the first time last summer.

Never been a huge fan but liked their more commercial songs. The gig was incredible, a good mix of people there, i have to say Trez must have drunk from the gods pool, some much energy on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystery-C
                        Went and saw NIN in London for the first time last summer.

Never been a huge fan but liked their more commercial songs. The gig was incredible, a good mix of people there, i have to say Trez must have drunk from the gods pool, some much energy on stage.
                        I went to both Manchester gigs last year and the atmosphere was overpowering, truly tremendous. I acted like a caveman and I didn't know I was like that, shirt off and everything! (it was MEGA hot though, even my leather belt was drenched with sweat at the end) After 2/3 songs this big 7foot, 15stone dude near the front fell over, taking around 15 others in a cascading domino effect clearing a direct path between me and Trent, I stomped over the bodies and got RIGHT to the very front. It was like a train wreck. Dangerous music at it's most dangerous.

Best gigs I've been to. I'm going to have to get back to the gym to rebuild my stamina for these next shows. I'm not even joking.

I'm so glad r3Zn0r didn't kill himself back when he was a smack head, he'd be one of those Kurt Cobain types that everyone would be 'into' just because he killed himself.

Here's hoping he's back on a creative run with so much NIN action lately. I can't do with these 5-year long stints of nothing between albums. I think this is the most active NIN have ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by Square
                          I was there Wednesday as well, really fantastic performance. And I'll be there for Placebo, too. I'm hoping they're as good as they were in 2004
                          Underrated band, especially live. Saw them in London's LA2 back in 1996, and they were thrilling, and hella loud. Met Molko afterwards as well, very pleasant little androgynous fella, the bassist is camp as a row of tents, and about 9ft tall. Nice lads!

Tool and Mastodon tonight. Am soooo looking forward to it, haven't seen Tool for ages, and 18 months since the 'Don nearly burst my eardrums.

Hopefully get a good amount of drinking done, we shall have to see.

Only problem is I am going straight from work so will be dressed in a suit. At least I will look sharp. 8)

Comment

In from Wembley late, 4 hours sleep, back to work again. >_<

****, it was a great gig though. I say, great, since several factors kinda put a dampner on things to stop it ascending to the awe inspiring level.

- Wembley. **** venue. **** sound. **** location.

- Mastodon. Missed the first song. I was really, really looking forward to seeing the 'Don live and whilst the band were tight as arseholes, the sound was ****ing atroicuous. Way, way too bottom heavy, with no mids at all, so it was pretty much less crushing riffage that we'd come to expect, with the the drum and bass completely dominating the sound.

- No Blood & Thunder. No, the band aren't a jukebox, I know, but I really wanted to hear this live and they didn't play it. Boo.

- The people. Far too many wankers there tonight. No consideration for others. I mean, why the **** do some people go to a gig, only to hold their phone up throughout. Am I missing something here?

- The people. Again. Following on, the pushing past and general rudeness. No apologies, just batter through like your the only that matters. Pricks. My cousin nearly ended up punching the **** out of some bloke, who barged right past his fiancee without so much as an apology, nearly knocking her on her arse.

- This is the fourth time I've seen Tool now and I felt on a couple occassions, they were kinda going through the motions. Not many mind, but a couple.

Now for the good.

- Wings/10,000 Days. This single-handedly elevated the gig status for me. Absolutely incredible live, coupled with the spectacular laser show that goes with it and you can't go wrong with such a superb piece of music.

- Swamp Song. Haven't heard this one in a while before tonight, but **** me, it sounded fantastic.

- Lateralus. Still (for me) the best live Tool song I've heard, it works on both levels so well and *that* gong Danny Carey uses, **** me, it's LOUD!!1!1!

Great gig, not their best though.

"MY WARNINGGGGG!!! MEANS NOTHING!!!! YOUR DANCINGGGG IN QUICKSANDDDD!!!"
                            Last edited by Bleeders; 28-11-2006, 10:12.

Comment

Everyone there seemed to be Australian too. Quite bizarre.

Comment

I didn't even get in to the gig. Security tried to confiscate my phone and my cigarettes, so I walked after getting a refund. Tool had apparently asked for the security to be increased and that cameras were not to be permitted. I refused as I need my phone with me as it is a vital link to my wife and kids. The venue is no smoking, fair enough - but why confiscate them?

The security guy I spoke with said he couldn;t believe the level of security in place; apparently George Michael was there the previous night and was nowhere near that level.

It was utterly confounding. I am never going to go to a gig in London ever again, and will not be listening to Tool again either.

Comment

Working...
                                X