No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to see Asia tonight in Liverpool, CBA. Gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany
      I didn't even get in to the gig. Security tried to confiscate my phone and my cigarettes, so I walked after getting a refund. Tool had apparently asked for the security to be increased and that cameras were not to be permitted. I refused as I need my phone with me as it is a vital link to my wife and kids. The venue is no smoking, fair enough - but why confiscate them?

The security guy I spoke with said he couldn;t believe the level of security in place; apparently George Michael was there the previous night and was nowhere near that level.

It was utterly confounding. I am never going to go to a gig in London ever again, and will not be listening to Tool again either.
      That's ****ed up. They wouldn't let you take your phone in? There were people smoking and taking pictures inside.

I thought the security measures were completely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
        That's ****ed up. They wouldn't let you take your phone in? There were people smoking and taking pictures inside.

I thought the security measures were completely ridiculous.
        The security bloke who accompanied me out (I got a bit lairy) was so apologetic, very understanding. He didn't even know who Tool were, bless him.

Just so folks know, the security at a Tool concert was more intensive than security at Southampton Airport, where thousands of people fly each day. Arrogant *****.

Comment

All we had to do was put phones/fags etc in a plazzy bag. The security guy had a quick look in your bag, asked you not to smoke or take pics said thanks and then gave the bag back...

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
            All we had to do was put phones/fags etc in a plazzy bag. The security guy had a quick look in your bag, asked you not to smoke or take pics said thanks and then gave the bag back...
            Not for me. I was told that I needed to put my stuff into the cloakroom (fair enough, I had a record bag with me that I put my jacket into, and had a few work bits with me), a female guard jumped me to the front of the cloakroom queue (fair play to her for that), but tried to confiscate my cigs, rudely bleating on about about the no smoking policy, and wouldn't let me take my phone with me into the gig and said it had to go into my bag. On principle I walked. I am not being treated like that at a gig. I have been to well over 500 gigs in my lifetime, in fact, the first I ever went to was at Wembley. I have never been treated this way before, and it has put me off ever going there again.

Comment

I know you sore right now Big Seany, but if this is the first time you have been treated badly in over 500 gigs then that's not bad going. Knocking London gigs on the head cos of this 'one off' is a bit of an over reaction don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                I know you sore right now Big Seany, but if this is the first time you have been treated badly in over 500 gigs then that's not bad going. Knocking London gigs on the head cos of this 'one off' is a bit of an over reaction don't you think?
                Nah I hate London anyway!

Plenty of decent gigs in Bournemouth and Pimpley anyhow. Plus I am getting old.

Comment

Nah I hate London anyway!

Plenty of decent gigs in Bournemouth and Pimpley anyhow. Plus I am getting old.
                  Too true. Why, you got Conflict last Sunday in Southampton!

Comment

Plus I am getting old.
                    Tell me about it, I bitched out of Sunday's gig after getting slaughtered at Motorhead on the Saturday. Gutted cos heard Patton was on top form and Razhel was doing some quality beatbox

Comment

Fags not allowed!?? **** that! I make sure I go to all my gigs equiped with a minimum of four joints!

How did you get away with the 'C' word Seany?

Comment

Its a shame to read about someones gig going a bit sour. Especially when its a gig youve been looking forward to for a while. Ive been to a few recently and the only one where i had a problem was Motorhead at the birmingham academy. Now im more of a hardcore thrash metal fan but ive always had a soft spot for motorhead so i thought id go. Ive got no love at all for the venue firstly. Also one guy seemed intent on using his ten year old kids as battering rams to get past me. Now ive been to a load of gigs and know how intense some of the more extreme ones can get so you look out for those around you (especially smaller people who can get mangled in a crush). So i created a bit of space for them next to me on the barrier but then their old man tries to lever me out of the way. I have none of it and he buggers off and hassles someone much younger than me. I dont get that attitude.

Three days earlier however i went to the best gig ever, Exodus at the civic in wolverhampton. Well it was meant to be in the civic but due to low ticket sales it got moved to the atom sized civic hall bar. It was gutting to see no more than 60 people turning up for a band so important to the genre of thrash metal. However the gig iself was monumental and Exodus played as if they were performing in front of 60k. I was front and centre for the whole set and because of the venue change there was no space between stage and barrier. I was eyeball close to gary holt when he came to the front and casually played a massive solo plus i got the mic shoved in my face for the 'War!!!!' section of 'War is my shepherd'. I got to sing/shout on the mic with favourite band ever and i dont think its something il ever forget. Plus i got one of Lee Altus's guitar picks . Awesome.
                        I appreciate none of the above makes sense if you dont know who Exodus are .

Comment

I recently say Tool in the SECC.

They were good but....

MASTODON(support) ****ING SLAYED MY FACE OFF>!!!

Then i saw Don Caballero yesterday and they were 10 times as good

Comment

Just found out Steven Seagal (yes, THE Steven Seagal) and his band "Thunderbox" are playing two nights in Saaarfhaampton in February. Tempted to go but tickets are ?25 each!

Still, it is Seagal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal
                              MASTODON(support) ****ING SLAYED MY FACE OFF>!!!

Comment

Just found out Steven Seagal (yes, THE Steven Seagal) and his band "Thunderbox" are playing two nights in Saaarfhaampton in February. Tempted to go but tickets are ?25 each!

Still, it is Seagal.
                                Yeah, he's coming to Tunbridge Wells too - can't believe the Seagster is coming here - seems so weird! Hey Sean, have you heard any Thunderbox (thas a baaaaaad name btw!!) - it's bluesy rock

And as for the ticket price?! It's kinda extreme - I'd like to go for a laugh but would rather pay about ?13.50 I think. But as you say, it is Seagal!

Comment

Working...
                                X