Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkydan
    Yeah, he's coming to Tunbridge Wells too - can't believe the Seagster is coming here - seems so weird! Hey Sean, have you heard any Thunderbox (thas a baaaaaad name btw!!) - it's bluesy rock

And as for the ticket price?! It's kinda extreme - I'd like to go for a laugh but would rather pay about ?13.50 I think. But as you say, it is Seagal!
    I know. ?25 is a small price to pay to see the man who broke Sean Connery's arm play some generic blues strum-alongs.

"Are you ready to Adult Orientated ROCK?"

Comment

YES! Just bought my ticket for one of the NIИ shows in Amshterdaam, one down - three to go. Get the **** in you ****ing pigs!!!

Comment

Went to see Placebo last night in Webley Areana. I was a little worried as I went to see them earlier in the year and it didn't seem as good as their 2004 preformance, but yesterday they were back on form, despite a few technical problems near the end. To my suprise the opening band Howling Bells wern't bad either and made the three hours wait between doors opening and Placebo playing a little more enjoyable.

Comment

Went to see The Game on Friday night. Had to queue for an hour in the cold cos they had single file metal detectors and were doing some serious searches. Place was heaving!!

I used to laugh at the fact Motorhead played 'Ace of Spades' twice in one show - but Game did 'Its OK (One Blood)' by running through the first verse then stopping and starting it off again about 5 times. Then buss it all over again at the end of the show. Well and truly milked the life out of it.

He managed to bring it live though. Some good G-Unit cussin, drinking comps and he even showed up Ghostface by getting 40 odd women out of the crowd and up on the stage, "I'll give her back to you, lift her up muscle man". Then convinced 40 blokes to come up by yelling "What you waiting for man, jump the gate nigga!!" The security looked very concerned when Game started slam dancing with all the fellas. Chaotic way to end the set, first time I've seen a crowd of stoners watching an onstage moshpit.

If i'd not been made to waste an hours drinking time it would have been a quality show, but hanging around outside killed off some of the Gangsta Party!

Comment

Off to see irom maiden tommorow all the way up in Cardiff supported by Trivium should be ****ing buzzing will post impressians when i get back, when iron maiden play in this country you have to see them tis the law of the land.

Comment

Got back from Manc after catching The Damned on Saturday. Lovely show. I cannot believe how good Dave Vanian looks at 50. And his style is impeccable.

There was the usual jibe at the Pistols by Sensible too. And a mention of his Blah Party (see Seabrookes crisps).

Comment

I'm seeing Dragonforce (with All That Remains supporting) in London on Wednesday, I've been waiting bloody ages for this and now it's nearly here!

Comment

See Placebo at the weekend as part of a Christmas pressie for the missus'

Good band, hate the venue though (Wembley), must be something about it that attracts ignorant twats.

Comment

Mate texted me last night - going to see Mark Eitzel in Winchester on the 18th. I love Mark Eitzel, when I saw him in Oxford recently he was superb. My mate is driving too so I can get wasted

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                      See Placebo at the weekend as part of a Christmas pressie for the missus'

Good band, hate the venue though (Wembley), must be something about it that attracts ignorant twats.
                      Aye, there was a domestic going on in front of me, some bloke pushed his girlfriend into the crowd in front after she'd spent the last 15 mins winding him up.

Superb band, though.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                        Went to see The Game on Friday night. Had to queue for an hour in the cold cos they had single file metal detectors and were doing some serious searches.....

.....Chaotic way to end the set, first time I've seen a crowd of stoners watching an onstage moshpit.
                        Those searches must have been real serious, eh?

I'd hate to get searched before gig entry, I'm always loaded with at least one ankle splinted with 2-skinners.

Comment

Saw Iron Maiden last night and must say those old bastards dont half put on a show.

The venue was heaving, there first support was nothing special but then on cam Trivium with there build up they may as well have been the main act lights dramatic music before they came on a fully kitted out stage. As soon as the music kicked in the place with jumping, managed to get myself all theway to the barrier(allthough my ribs now wish i hadn't) which i was quite impressed with being a small guy with all this massive bold massive 40 something guys.

After Triviums rocking final song probly had to wait about 30 minutes before maiden appeared but with the best view in the house i wasn't fussed. Not really heard alot of there music or am a big fan, but these aging rockers still have it jumping around like there still 21. I have to say it was the most impressive set ive ever seen the stage fully kitted as a massive ship absolutly amazing to see. A giant EDDY coming out half way through the set in a 10 foot high tank coming up from behind he stage what a sight. Played alot of there new stuff first, didnt entise the crowd as much but as soon as the old classics kicked in the place came alive, i think every single person in the entire sold out venue was singing along to fear of the dark, and to top it all i caught one of the drumsticks. ****ING AMAZING GIG.

Comment

I saw Maiden last night (NEC), did you know the first support act featured Steve Harris' daughter?

Thought Trivium were ok, they whipped the crowd up nicely which is what support acts are there for, I liked it when they got a guy thrown out for chucking stuff on the stage, fair play to them, no band should have to put up with that crap TBH.

Maiden were awesome, they played every track from the new album (in tracklisting order, too) which was a brave move but they pulled it off, I agree that the final five 'greatest hits' tracks got the most reaction from the crowd but people were still singing along to the new album stuff too.

Eddie was the a highlight as you say - I also loved the fact that Janick couldn't stay still for more than five seconds, someone obviously gave him too much Sunny D before the gig, he was spinning around like a top! Shame he only got one solo all night - but then that's what happens when you have three lead guitars!

Awesome gig, and I'll defo be trying to see them at Donnington next year.
                            Last edited by Duddyroar; 13-12-2006, 08:11.

Comment

Dragonforce were totally amazing last night, my ears are still ringing from all those guitar solo's They played pretty much all the songs I'd hoped for plus they entered the stage to the Streetfighter II intro music so I knew then I was in for a good night They're playing again tonight actually, I wish I could go

Comment

Going to see Tenacious D on Sunday at the Brighton Centre - can't wait, should be a great show

Comment

Working...
                                X