No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my first gig for quite a while.

Bradford Rio's is closing down and there is a mini fest to say good bye.

If only they still had the sticky carpet I'd nick a bit.

Comment

Well, Nine Inch Nails in Amsterdam were the best two gigs I've ever been to. The Paradiso is even smaller than the Burnley Mechanics FFS.

Highlights were loads of Dutch totteh and me singing happy birthday to big Aaron. Loads of numbers played missing from the Manchester sets... The Fragile, Reptile, Heresy, The Beginning of the End, Survivalism, etc.

Comment

Saw The Shins last night.

To be honest I wasn't all that impressed by them (everyone one else seemed to be though)...mind you I was half dazed from my current prescription drug coctail.

Viva Voce who were supporting however were brilliant. Have to say that Anita Robinson is one of the best guitarists I have ever witnessed.
        Last edited by Gareth C; 31-03-2007, 07:27.

Comment

Watching Razorlight tonight...can't say I'm a huge fan but we rarely get big name acts down this way!

Supported by Mohair who I've never heard of before.

Anyone seen either band before? Any good?

Comment

@ Gareth C, I thought The Shins up in Wolverhampton were ace, tbh everybody just wanted to hear tunes, man! They only played about four or five songs of the new record, which surprised me.

Viva Voce were tremendous, I thought.

Comment

Tickets for Ricky Gervais in nottingham on april 5th, woooo

Comment

Saw The Good,The Bad and The Queen last night at the Hammersmith Palais, excellent. Simenon was swaggering as always and even had some fun hacking at the stage with an axe at the end!

Don Letts supported and was great as always, lots of nice (if now very familiar) Dub reggae. Other acts there too but I didn't arrive in time to see much of them.
                Last edited by Gareth C; 01-04-2007, 15:16.

Comment

best band ive seen for ages has to be Reuben! genius band and the fact they have huge alien helmets on for the first song of their set is ludicrous!
                  great songs, great musicians and huge presence evn though they are a 3 piece.

by the way - check out my band LARUSO (shameless plug) supporting 36 Crazyfists at Sheffield corporation fri 13th april. we're on tour around the country 2 weeks later too. have a look on myspace for us if you are into your rock/metal/emo whatever.

Comment

Wu. Tang. Wu. Tang. Wu. Tang. Wu. Taaaaaaaaang.

5th July

Comment

Originally posted by laruso View Post
                      best band ive seen for ages has to be Reuben! genius band and the fact they have huge alien helmets on for the first song of their set is ludicrous!
                      great songs, great musicians and huge presence evn though they are a 3 piece.

by the way - check out my band LARUSO (shameless plug) supporting 36 Crazyfists at Sheffield corporation fri 13th april. we're on tour around the country 2 weeks later too. have a look on myspace for us if you are into your rock/metal/emo whatever.
                      Dude, I have both of Reuben's albums and they rule - still not managed to see them yet - grrr! One day I hope...

How's Laruso going? Good luck with the tour! And how's Max? Haven't spoken to him for a while...

Dan

Comment

See Clutch last night at the Colchester Arts Centre. ****ing awesome band, in an excellent little venue. The Sword provided support and were pretty damn good too!

Comment

clutch were about? ****...

Comment

Aww man, i went to see Clutch and The Sword in Nottingham on thursday too. The Sword were great, played a blinding Freya at the end, with Clutch i had a major problem though...

See, they hadnt sold as many tickets as thought, so the gig was moved from Rock City to the Rescue Rooms, which is a much smaller venue just around the corner. Not a problem in itself but the RR has a very anal policy on showtimes, and every band has to soundcheck before they play, so the show finished at 10 on the dot, meaning they (Clutch) couldnt do an encore. Yeah we had elephant riders and loads of stuff from Beale street, but no Land of pleasant living? no 10001110101?

Gutted

Comment

We had 10001110101, Burning Beard, Mob Goes Wild, Electric Worry and a few newies from Beale Street. Me' cousin met Neil Fallon after the gig as well, the git!

Comment

i went to see the Voodoo Glow Skulls last night

it's been ages since i went to a punk gig and especially ages since i went to the venue it was at.

i thoroughly enjoyed myself and there were some lovely ladies there.

Comment

Working...
                                X