Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDrX View Post
    I'm also going to ATP, I never thought I would ever get to see Portishead. They're basically the reason I've paid the ?130 ^_^ I'm not really sure what to expect for the rest of the weekend though. Ever been to ATP?
    No I haven't. I've heard it's a great festival though. I'm also looking forward to Aphex Twin & Sparklehorse

Comment

Muse last night, not really that impressed. It was a great showing, but not a great gig. First song was great we all loved it, City Of Delusion, then for the next hour it was slow ballads. Yawn.

It felt like a spectator sport, pandering for the masses. We were yawning, talking. Not a great music gig experience. The lights, the women on weird balls, the atmosphere standing on the pitch when the crowd was cheering was amazing though.

I want to be jumping at a muse gig, I wasn't. It was pretty crap for me and my friends, we ended up forcing ourselves into a pit and enjoyed it close to the end... apart from the idiots who moan about people jumping about. They just push you about and annoy the people enjoying themselves.

And to top it all off, bloody TAKE A BOW as the final song? piss off, leave it at stockholm syndrome.

It really felt like it was a show for the DVD. Rubbish.
      Last edited by Dezm0nd; 18-06-2007, 08:24.

Comment

Pearl Jam tonight Think I am too tired to rush across London for Idlewild though.

Comment

Was at O2 wireless in Leeds last night mainly for Daft Punk and what a show they put on. Loved the way they were laying samples from certain tracks over different tracks along with some new stuff thrown in their aswell. There show was visually stunning aswell. And the 10 minute Encore at the end was the topping on the cake. Great night. Some pics I manage to take inbetween.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
            Pearl Jam tonight Think I am too tired to rush across London for Idlewild though.
            I wish I was there tonight - review ASAP!!!

Comment

just back from weekend in london seeing muse. saturday was pretty poor, the standing crowd was full of beer monsters spoiling for a fight for not very much, and some particulary racist scousers who took it apon themselves to offend every single person within what seemed like a square mile of them when not trying to pee into used pint pots... classy

sunday was much better (IMO). my chemical toilet were laughable as always ("violence never solves anything... SO GO ****ING CRAZY!!!!") but muse made up for it with all the old tunes they`ve not played for a while (sorry if that bores the newer fans ). crowd also seemed more happy & vibey as well.

Comment

Muse were awesome on Sunday, possibly as good as they were at Reading last year (which I regard as the best show I've ever seen). Dissapointed about the lack of 'Showbiz' as that was one of the highlights of Reading but apart from that they played pretty much every song I could have hoped for.

'Knights of Cydonia' and 'Map of the Problematique' were utterly perfect, 'New Born' and 'Stockholm Syndrome' were performed with all the energy you could expect plus they did 'Sunburn' and 'Unintended' to feed my hunger for some of their earlier stuff. Maybe they played one too many of their slower songs but seeing as they were on stage for the best part of 2hrs I'll forgive them as they probably needed the rest. I'm gutted that the Saturday crowd got 'Citizen Erased' as that's one of my favs but they didn't get 'Bliss' and I'd take that over the former any day.

Comment

Pearl Jam were awesome last night. They played a fantastic set, with seem quality less obvious songs and a few old classics. Highlights for me were Faithless, Marker In The Sand, Crazy Mary (the organist on that was class) Rockin In The Free World, Given To Fly, WorldWide Suicide. I could go on. On the way to the gig I said to Katy if they played either Faithless or Marker In The Sand I would be estatic so to get both is top.
                  Watching Vedder jump about in his white trousers/jeans (couldn't see from the back) remided me of The Who.
                  Pearl Jam = Best Band Ever!

Comment

Off to see The Crimea again tonight at King Tut's. Cant wait!!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Muse performed their tunes with perfection, I just would've chosen a different set list. There was about an hours of worth of slow paced songs, it peaked at the end, with 4 songs worth going for. Bliss, Plug in baby, New Born and Stockholm Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                        Pearl Jam were awesome last night. They played a fantastic set, with seem quality less obvious songs and a few old classics. Highlights for me were Faithless, Marker In The Sand, Crazy Mary (the organist on that was class) Rockin In The Free World, Given To Fly, WorldWide Suicide. I could go on. On the way to the gig I said to Katy if they played either Faithless or Marker In The Sand I would be estatic so to get both is top.
                        Watching Vedder jump about in his white trousers/jeans (couldn't see from the back) remided me of The Who.
                        Pearl Jam = Best Band Ever!
                        Went last night, thought they played a few too many less obvious songs, would have preffered more classics as it was my first time seeing them....still enjoyed it though and thought they put on a great show.

Comment

Devo at Brighton dome last night.

I need never go so another band again, theres just no point after this.

Comment

Went to see Dinosaur Jr last night at King's Cross Scala and I'm still completely deaf in my right ear Apart from J not being able to sing live for **** they made up for it with their amazing sound. Plenty of tracks off the new album mixed with oldschool crowd pleasers, the youth were there moshing and crowd surfing - I almost felt like a teenager again...till this morning...

Comment

Saw aerosmith on sunday, will write some sort of review later. class though!

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
                                Saw aerosmith on sunday, will write some sort of review later. class though!
                                Did you happen to see a band called Reuben there as well. i.e was this Aerosmith in Hyde Park? A very good UK band they are that Reuben

Comment

Working...
                                X