Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
    Seen the Foo fighters at the NEC on tuesday. Amazing gig.
    I'm going to the aberdeen one tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Well Im knackered but it was worth me getting out of the house and to be smacked up on pethadine to do it to go see em but The Christians was fantastic last night. We didnt know till we got their it was unplugged and its now Gary Christian with new band members but I dont think any of us cared as the new lead guitarist and bass (backup singer and boy did that lad have a spine tingling voice also) made it a perfect evening. Gary sung all the classics, The Bottle (my fav), Ideal World, Harvest for the World, When the finger points etc (it was about 2hours) and some covers (Beatles and Dylan). Fantastic voice thru the night and acoustics where perfect (better than recording) and we got Hooverville as the encore.

I got to sit in cabbage bay with the mixing guys so got to see what they where messing about at. Even better at the end I got to meet them, got my original vinyl signed of first album and all my Cds hehe. They where really friendly as well as I even managed to have a chat with em (I said to him get a blumming live album up on your website but he said he didnt even know how to download or upload heh). I just couldnt believe all night long that my favourite band of all time was playing in my local town where I grew up and went to school. My parents loved it even my dad was shouting (they been 3 times now as I got em into them as a teenager).

Top night all round for us. I know Im getting on and you youngsters wont have probably heard of em but their not a lordy lordy choir band before you ask For me they where the band that got me into music as an early teen. Now the "new" bands going fingers crossed they get some backing and can go do a recording and a new album, better than the Xfactor generation anyday.

Comment

Glad to hear you had such a great time Dazzyman. To see your favorite band live really is something special, but to meet them and get stuff signed as well takes it to another level.
        I recently had the pleasure of seeing the Smashing Pumpkins live, who are my favorites. It was made all the better as I have waited ages to see them, which sounds like a similar scenario to you (but even more so, I remember the Christians being around when I was still in primary school!).

On an unrelated side note and to get back onto topic I saw the Foos last night in Aberdeen. Dissapointing doesn't even begin to describe how I feel...

Comment

See, i found the new look Pumpkins to be very disappointing live, they headlined the second day at Pukkelpop in Belgium and were one of the main reasons we went.

Boring just didnt describe it, Corgan just pretensiously noodled through the new album while doing one or two classics at 500mph to get them out the way.

If NIN, Dinosaur JR and Iggy Pop werent so good, it would have been a wasted trip

Comment

Originally posted by Pookmunki View Post
            See, i found the new look Pumpkins to be very disappointing live, they headlined the second day at Pukkelpop in Belgium and were one of the main reasons we went.

Boring just didnt describe it, Corgan just pretensiously noodled through the new album while doing one or two classics at 500mph to get them out the way.

If NIN, Dinosaur JR and Iggy Pop werent so good, it would have been a wasted trip
            I saw them in Glasgow and they put on a live masterclass. They played for over 2 hours played tunes from every era and perhaps the best version of tonight tonight I have ever heard.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it, i just thought Iha was an integral part of the group, the 2 new members look drafted in for the 'look'.

Comment

Got my ticket for Queens of The Stone Age in Saaarfhaaampton in February. Can't wait for that. They were awesome last time I saw them down here, which was on my birthday a few years back. What a great birthday that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Pookmunki View Post
                  Glad you enjoyed it, i just thought Iha was an integral part of the group, the 2 new members look drafted in for the 'look'.
                  I'v never seen Iha as a major part of the band. He was a good guitarist, but apart from a couple of B-Side quality tunes he didn't really contribute. All the guitar, and bass work on Siamese Dream was done by Corgan himself, and it is down on record that Iha is the factor that caused the split of the Pumpkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                    Got my ticket for Queens of The Stone Age in Saaarfhaaampton in February. Can't wait for that. They were awesome last time I saw them down here, which was on my birthday a few years back. What a great birthday that was.
                    Nice one mate - going to see them in Brighton next Friday (23rd) It'll take a lot to top seeing them at the 100 Club though!!

Comment

Me and some chums are off to Brixton Academy tonight on a relic hunt. Yes. You guessed it....The Sex Pistols.
                      Gotta be a hoot.

Comment

Went to see Envy at the Underworld last week, quality stuff. Even more surprising was how much I was taken with one of the support bands - Bossk. Huge, sludgy, progressive, largely instrumental goodness. Sadly the CD I grabbed from the merch stand wasn't quite as impressive, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Going to see Air at Hammersmith tomorrow, and just recently grabbed some tickets to go see Girugamesh (I'm such a sucker for j-rock) in January. Good times

Comment

I went to see Dream Theatre in Blackburn on Sunday, forgot about that one.

Comment

The marmite maiden returns.

Just got two tickets for Bjork at Wolverhampton civic. 80 quid for 2 tickets is pretty hefty but Bjork live is a rare affair, i think it's been 10 years since she has ventured anywhere near the midlands.

Comment

QOTSA in Brighton tonight - get in!!!

Comment

Nice one. I want a full setlist posted up here after please

Comment

Working...
                                X