No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scala is a decent venue but by God does it get hot in there. I once managed to fall asleep stood up during a Cult of Luna gig - I was tired, but even still that is madness.

Comment

Scala was the last venue I was in before the smoking ban - tiny venue, but great for that intimate gig vibe...

Comment

Yes, it is The Scala, I saw The Frames there once. It was nice, just not as easy to get to as the other place.

Comment

Just bagged tickets to a Gorillaz gig in Camden next month, yesterday I didnt even know there was a Gorillaz gig in Camden next month O.o

Comment

Had a ball at the Suede gig last night in Kensington. They were on top form

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
              Had a ball at the Suede gig last night in Kensington. They were on top form
              Was at Royal Albert Hall for Them Crooked Vultures on Monday for TCT. Awesome venue, for a brilliant band. I'm assuming you saw Suede as part of TCT.

Comment

Yeah I did. Would have gone to the 100 Club warm up as well, but tickets went for over £200 in the auction on Ticketmaster. To be honest I would have gone to all the gigs this week (except JLS). Such a great line up

Comment

I'm going to see Ash tonight.

That's the Northern Irish rock trio, not the headline-dominating, plane-halting volcanic discharge. Burn Baby Burn indeed!

Listened to a live CD on the way into work and I'm quite pumped about it now!

Comment

I've seen Ash live at various venues in Scotland and they are always excellent. Looking forward to seeing them at T in the Park this summer.

Comment

Tonight Matthew, I am going to see Chris Cunningham put on a show at the Royal Festival Hall. Beak> (Geoff Barrow) and Squarepusher too. Should be cracking.

Comment

I really wanted to see that, but am busy tonight. A full report would be lovely .

Comment

Next month I'm seeing KISS at the MEN/Manc on the 10th and Slayer on the 30th at the Manchester Academy.

Comment

Mark Lanegan tonight, wish it was tomorrow night though as I have Thursday off work. Sold out so should be good, you can tell that I am past 30 now though. A few years back I would have rushed to be there of for doors opening at 7.00pm. Nowadays I just stroll down for 8.30pm.

Comment

Saw Pavement in Brixton on Wednesday night. Pretty much my favourite band evah- saw them loads of times in the 90s.

Great gig with a long set. It was a bit weird seeing them after all this time (most of them haven't changed a bit), but they were still really tight. Even though you could practically feel the tension between Malkmus and Spiral. I think I was actually more excited about this gig than I was about seeing Faith No More last year.

Comment

Band of Skulls tonight in Camden and Dinosaur Jr/Built to spill next week...then its all about Pearl Jam!!!1

Comment

Working...
                                X