No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out yesterday that Florence and the Machine are playing at Cardiff Castle on Thursday evening. So I went and got some tickets on ebay. Lovely stuff. I like punk and rock but this group are faaaantastic!!

Comment

Off to see The Strokes' Isle Of Wight fest warm up gig tonight at Camden Dingwalls

On the ****ty side of things, seen touts are selling tickets for up to £450 a pair on fleabay

Comment

Pearl Jam is only a couple of weeks away and I see a 24 hour tube strike has been called on the 23rd for 48 hours so this could affect people trying to get to Hyde Park. Thought I would post it on here in case some non London living folk are unaware of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
          Off to see The Strokes' Isle Of Wight fest warm up gig tonight at Camden Dingwalls

On the ****ty side of things, seen touts are selling tickets for up to ?450 a pair on fleabay
          Wish I had known about this, I only found out this evening while listening to XFM at the hairdressers.

Comment

I went the Download Festival last weekend and it was awesome again!

Highlights were AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Aerosmith, Megadeth, Senser, Skin, Steel Panther, Rock Sugar (live mashup songs) and Halestorm.

I took a load of pics and videos (most of which I've left uploading to YouTube), check out my channel there: http://www.youtube.com/user/QualityChimp

I got the whole of Senser's "Eject", Skin's "Take Me To The River" and Aerosmith's "Eat The Rich"

In the meantime, ch ch check these out!

Comment

I'm off to see The Black keys and Mudhoney in October in Leeds. Get involved.

Comment

Myself and the missus are off to see Prince at Citadelle D'Arras in France on July 9th...can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I went the Download Festival last weekend and it was awesome again!

Highlights were [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Aerosmith, Megadeth, Senser, Skin, Steel Panther, Rock Sugar (live mashup songs) and Halestorm.

I took a load of pics and videos (most of which I've left uploading to YouTube), check out my channel there: http://www.youtube.com/user/QualityChimp

I got the whole of Senser's "Eject", Skin's "Take Me To The River" and Aerosmith's "Eat The Rich"

In the meantime, ch ch check these out!
                  I went as well and it was a great weekend. Highlight was definitely Joel from Airbourne climbing to the top of the stage with his guitar, playing his solo then security cutting the pa \m/

Comment

Scored tickets for Dillinger at the Electric Ballroom in November. Haven't seen them since the infamous Reading 2002 show! Last time they were over it clashed with something else I was seeing, and the time before that I ended up being in Ireland instead and had to sell my ticket. Psyched!

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
                      I went as well and it was a great weekend. Highlight was definitely Joel from Airbourne climbing to the top of the stage with his guitar, playing his solo then security cutting the pa \m/
                      Ha ha, I saw the start of Airbourne's set, but wanted to get a sweet spot for Aerosmith and catch a bit of Stone Temple Pilots (who were... yawn).

If I hadn't seen Airbourne a few times before (he climbed the stage last time they played) and AC/DC themselves hadn't headlined a few days earlier, I'd have seen the whole set.

Did you see Steel Panther before them?! Pure filth!

Here's my footage of Aerosmith playing "Eat the Rich":

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Ha ha, I saw the start of Airbourne's set, but wanted to get a sweet spot for Aerosmith and catch a bit of Stone Temple Pilots (who were... yawn).

If I hadn't seen Airbourne a few times before (he climbed the stage last time they played) and AC/DC themselves hadn't headlined a few days earlier, I'd have seen the whole set.

Did you see Steel Panther before them?! Pure filth!

Here's my footage of Aerosmith playing "Eat the Rich":

Eat the rich is probably my favourite Smith song, top work. Steel Panther were great, couldn't see them much last year in that tiny tent. So it was good to see the full set.

Joel managed to get a little higher than last time

Comment

Scuzz are showing Download 2010 highlights tonight from 10pm!

Comment

Pearl Jam at the end of the week in Hyde Park! Then on to Berlin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                              Then on to Berlin!!!
                              Is that in "I'm going to the capital of Germany" or "I'm going to see American New Wave/Synthpop pioneers that crooned "Take My Breath Away""?

Comment

LOL!1 If PJ covered Take My Breath Away it would be pretty awesome though...

Comment

Working...
                                X