Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossco
    Nicely, another Jenny Lewis fan! You like Rilo Kiley themselves too? I'm hoping the rest of the band will be there and maybe Conor Oberst too!!
    No chance on the Conor. And pretty much no chance on the rest of the Kiley either. I should really get me to one of these Jenny solo tours

Comment

Originally posted by Julio III
      No chance on the Conor. And pretty much no chance on the rest of the Kiley either. I should really get me to one of these Jenny solo tours
      Fair enough on the rest of Rilo Kiley being there, they have nothing to do with it. But why no chance of Conor?

Its his record label she plays on and he's in Handle With Care on the album too.

I'm hoping he makes an appearance.

Comment

Saw We Are Scientists at the Pyramids last night, and it was ****ing awesome. Got right to the front bar, and I got my iForward, Russia! shirt signed by the guitarist ^_^

Comment

Ohh yeh, my mates are going to them on Saturday, sold out but I'll try and blag a ticket from somewhere.

Comment

You should! they put on a really good show as well, talking to the audience and such.

iForward, Russia! will be supporting too, so woo!!!1

Comment

So far I only have 2 booked:

Presidents of the USA - Birmingham Academy 2, 19th May
              Download Festival - Donnington Park - 9th - 11th June

Can't wait for either of them! Saw PUSA 3 times on their UK tour last year, but this year they are only doing 1 UK date (and sadly, the academy 2 sucks).

As for Download Festival.. Tool, Metallica, and Guns N Roses are headlining... So it should be an awesome weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                Nicely, another Jenny Lewis fan! You like Rilo Kiley themselves too? I'm hoping the rest of the band will be there and maybe Conor Oberst too!!
                You won't be dissapointed with Jenny Lewis Saw her at the glee club back in March, very special show indeed. It really made me appreciate her album more as I'd only just got it the day before going to see her. The twins as well were quite freaky but really added the the overall feel of the show, they had the whole 40s army look going on which was a bit

Saw Seth Lakeman last night, he's one hell of a musician. Hadn't heard anything of his apart from his performance on the mercury prize show so i was pleasently suprised. If theres any tickets left for any other dates I'd advise everyone to go!

Comment

This is going to be my best year of gigs thus far. I've already mentioned about seeing Radiohead soon; and I've now seen Corinne Bailey Rae ? she was great. I think I read in the Guardian that she lacked a certain amount of stage presence; but I thought her slight shyness was where her charm lay. Through out the show she must have thanked the audience for listening, about fifty times. When she sang 'Like a Star' the whole crowd was in silence; quite mesmerizing.

Also now on the agenda:
                  Broken Social Scene
                  Sigur Ros
                  Hot Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Usquan
                    A couple of dates lined up for me

Pearl Jam 20th April at London Astoria
                    Fantomas Melvins Big Band 1st May at London Forum
                    Dinosaur Jr. 23rd May at Bristol Academy

Going to be an exciting couple of months!
                    I wish I was you! Have a ****ing awesome time man.

Comment

The first of which is tomorrow, these things roll around quick and thanks, I will have a good time!

Comment

I tried to console myself yesterday about missing that PJ gig by buying a new amp and peddle, running it through my wahwah and cranking out Yellow Ledbetter...it helped for a bit anyways.

Comment

Funeral For A Freind in June at Manchester Academy 1

Comment

Just got back from Liverpool after staying there last night and catching Polysics. What a Birthday treat that was.(^_^)

I went expecting a good show, and left with the greatest gig experience I've ever had. It was simply awesome!
                            The amount of energy they have is incredible. All that power packed into such little bodies.

Was a little worried at the beginning since there were only about 20 people there for the support act. By the time Polysics came on there were about 50. It was a really great atmosphere and a welcome change to the usual busting-at-the-seams sweaty gig. Nice and intimate.

While queuing, the band walked past (so get there early buddahman) and they stayed around after the show for autographs/photos. Oh, and I got a used plectrum (landed on my head). All in all, ****ing top!(^_^)

Buddahman, you're a lucky sonofa to be seeing these twice. Enjoy.

Some pics of the missus looking happy.

Comment

Missed out on Union Of Knives last night which was majorly disappointing, but work commitments got in the way. Seen them before though, and they're great... recommend people check them out

Comment

Just back from Jenny Lewis. Oh my god it was perfect! Sooo good.
                                Everything about the gig was amazing. Her voice is stunning, its just so powerful. Probably only about 100 odd people at the gig, really small and intimate. Every song they played just blew me away.

And the support act was amazing too, Johnathan Rice, watch out for him. Just him with a guitar and his mate doing some other mad backing sound device, perfect. He was also in the band for Jenny Lewis too.

I just wish I was back at the gig now, it was amazing. I hope they all tour again this year.

I'm off out to buy Johnathan Rice's album tomorrow now!

Comment

Working...
                                X