No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to see Public Enemy in November. Mate has blagged himself a VIP pass so i'm hoping i can ride his coat-tales to crystal sipping heaven boyeee.

Comment

Really looking forwards to seeing Dillinger back in London this coming week. Last time I saw them was 8 years ago at the rather infamous Reading festival gig, since then I missed tickets for one London show, and then managed to be out of the country for another. Really like the new album - new video is awesome too:

Comment

Got tickets to see Ben Haper's new project/band in December. Fistful of Mercy is their name and they have George Harrioson's son Dhani in them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Really looking forwards to seeing Dillinger back in London this coming week. Last time I saw them was 8 years ago at the rather infamous Reading festival gig, since then I missed tickets for one London show, and then managed to be out of the country for another. Really like the new album - new video is awesome too
          I saw them in Glasgow the other night and they were great. Surprised they have that much energy over the span of a single show never mind an entire tour. I took some dodgy footage with my camera as always.

Live performance by Dillinger Escape Plan at the Garage in Glasgow on the 29th of October 2010

Comment

Got Chromeo on Thursday. Should be good.

Comment

I saw The Black Keys again last night. Simply brilliant. If you get a chance to check em out, do it.

Comment

Chromeo were absolutely amazing tonight in Dublin, kicking off thei European tour. If you can see them, you should.

Comment

As well as Dillinger tonight, I got tickets today to see Kyuss Lives in April. 3/4 of the original members! Should be good... I hope.

Comment

Tickets are in the process of been printed from ticketmaster but going to see Weird Al Yankovic in london in december. Pretty excited as this is his first visit to the UK, never actually thought i'd get to see him sing live, im well happy .

Comment

20 years ago I wanted to go and see Quireboys play in Sheffield (I was 14 at the time) and my mum wouldn't let me as they playing in a nightclub. Tonight I finally get to see them play the whole of A Little Bit of What You Fancy at the Forum in Kentish Town. I am getting drunk and getting ready to relive my youth as a group of ageing, past it rockers go through the motions once again!

Comment

I was meant to be going to see Kings of Leon tonight at the o2.

At first thought getting a train from Leeds was going to be the problem as the East Coast rail has suspended it's service. Little did I know that someone rather conveniently for me probably left a doobie lit and now the gig is postponed. Good job I didn't decide to drive down.

Comment

In September I went to see Muse at Wembley Stadium and today they've put the footage online of two of the songs but not in a way I've seen done before. How cool is this?

Comment

Last Night (Wed 9th) I went to see Nile and Melechesh at The Masque in Liverpool.

Nile are one of the few bands that I have always wanted to see live. However, whenever they do tour, they invariably only play down in London. For this world tour (We are they who the gods detest), they decided to venture further afield, and have played a few different venues in the UK this time around.

Needless to say, they played fast, loud and intense. I think they (the band) where genuinely suprised with the reception they received from the crowd (I think the gig was sold out, circa 300-400?). After listening to them (and the 4 other support bands), I left the venue with my ears well and truly beaten!!

It appears The Masque is looking to become the North West's premier venue for 'extreme' music with regards to their up comming gigs.

Whiplash is Liverpool's extreme Metal promotions company proudly bring metal back to Liverpool!!!

Watain (March) and death metal titans Deicide (June) are next on the list for me.

Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post

Watain (March) and death metal titans Deicide (June) are next on the list for me.

Good times.

Saw the Watain date a few weeks ago.

I'm tempted but I'd have to see how late the trains runs. Will be 'nice' to see them in an enclosed gig instead of in an open tent at Wacken.

Deicide have always flaked out or been blocked entry to the country ever time I've tried to see them.

Comment

Just come back from seeing Frank Turner in exeter. One of the best gigs I've been to, the man is a legend and surely one of the most underrated acts around. ****ing amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X