No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out that Wilco were their usual breathtaking self. I was very drunk though.
    Off to see Noel and his High Flying Birds tonight also at the Roundhouse. I had planned and getting there early and getting to the front but my newly fractured elbow has put pay to that.

Comment

Thinking of going to see Anna Calvi tomorrow at Shepherd's Bush. Found out about it after the tickets were sold out. Looked on eBay but waited and then one seller dropped the price of their tickets to ?15(from ?25) but didn't respond when I asked today so left it. Might still check Gumtree tomorrow, and might get lucky.

I'm trying to save money these days so prioritising live stuff(Trailer Park Boys Live first week of December!) as Ryuichi Sakamoto's in town next week I think. Or this Saturday...

Aw maan...

Comment

Noel was ace. Crowd annoyed me though, just don't get the people who pay good money to go to a gig and then spend all the time taking ****ty pictures through their sodding phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
          Noel was ace. Crowd annoyed me though, just don't get the people who pay good money to go to a gig and then spend all the time taking ****ty pictures through their sodding phones.
          That really pisses me off too. Even worse when they stand there for a minute or two filming a really ****ty quality video. What the exact **** is the point of that? If people want to watch later on they'll buy the DVD, not check out some ****-ass quality clip on Youtube filmed by some ****.

Some people really need to learn how to appreciate things.

Comment

Children of Bodom are in Singapore on the 17th... Tickets are $120 though. (60quid, LOL! ._.)

Comment

A lot of gigs aren't released officially, though, so sometimes the only thing we have is ****ty quality videos.

I learned my lesson from seeing Daft Punk. I spent so much time filming it that I missed out on being in the moment. I've never filmed bits of a gig since then.

Went to see Anna Calvi and she was amazing. Loads of people were filming/taking crap photos as well. My two mates were(hilariously, one was behind the other so his videos had the front one's head and camera in shot most of the time) but I just watched. Had a look online last night and someone's posted a proper live video recorded off the telly in HD.

Comment

Yeah, most gigs aren't recorded professionally.I
                like this guy's site though. http://www.relivethemoment.net/

I record videos at most gigs I go to, but I usually just pick out 2 or 3 of my fave songs so I can enjoy the music too.
                I always record at chin height so people behind me can't tell, but I ask if I have to hold it up high.

I've got over 51000 hits for my 3 Darkness videos from the Download festival on my YouTube channel, so people definitely want to see them.

I always try to be courteous and aware of people around me, I think that's the difference between when I film and just blocking people's views.

Comment

Bands should do like Pearl Jam who record all their gigs and sell them as 'bootlegs' via their own website. For me it would ruin the gig, to pay that money and watch the thing through 3.5 inch screen when the band are right there in the flesh, and as Noel said to one person who kept taking photos of him on Monday.
                  "What you going to do with that photo? Put it on your facebook page like a square."

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                    Bands should do like Pearl Jam
                    That paragraph could've stopped there.

Agree with all that's being said, sure I posted similar a while back. Chattering women are the other gripe. Don't go to gigs just because your hubby/boyfriend is going, go because you like the music.

Comment

Some people amaze me at gigs. The couple next to me seem to have never been to a gig before but they were loving it and then Noel said, this is our last songs, so they looked sadly at one another and left.. I wanted to say them, he will be back for an encore you know.

Comment

Just been to Rise Against at the Glasgow Academy what a great gig. Polar Bear Club were up first followed by Tom Morello and the Nightwatchmen. Morello was superb and really got the crowd going. Rise Against were brilliant as well, I would have liked a few more of their older songs but what we got was still a great set.
                        I'm tempted to try and catch the show in Brum next week seeing as I'll be not too far away.

Comment

I'm just back from Ed Sheeran. I think I was the 4th oldest person there. All kids. I could have been their dad, every one of them. I'm having an age crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I'm just back from Ed Sheeran. I think I was the 4th oldest person there. All kids. I could have been their dad, every one of them. I'm having an age crisis.
                            What are you doing out at a gig old man? Get back home to the slippers and hot chocolate

I had a look at the upcoming gigs for my area and there is literally nothing of interest for months apart from a Kerrang tour, even then most of those bands playing are unknown to me since Kerrang seems to be a big pile of poop for ages now. I would only be going for Sum41 and I really can't be bothered with all the kids that would be there.
                            I'll stay home too with the slippers and hot chocolate methinks...

Comment

I don't like how a lot of things I want to go to are always late at night. Gigs are usually 7-8pm which is fine, but DJs are almost always 10-11pm or some ridiculous hour like that. I get sleepy around then!

Comment

We're all getting old then. Glad to know it's not just me. I start yawning when it hits about 11pm, complaining that it's too loud and saying that kids these days have no respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X