No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, didn't know Therapy? were still around.

Comment

I go and see Therapy? probably once a year. They always play Scotland and are still great to see live. So much for the ten year plan...

Comment

Just got back from seeing the Killers @ Newcastle Metro Radio Arena - amazing set-list, the place was bouncing from start till finish. Superb!

Comment

The Incredible Bert at the Tunbridge Wells Forum (NME small venue of the year). Covers: Rock version of Stayin Alive anyone? Prodigy and RATM and System of a Down and James Brown and the Commodores.

Comment

Re: Gig Going Thread.

For my Christmas present, tonight I'm off to see The Birmingham Symphony Orchestra playing themes from the movies!

We've got great seats too, so we're in the moshpit.

They do have moshpits at classical concerts don't they?

Comment

Depends on the film music I expect. I went to a similar thing in Sheffield a few years back and it was ace. If they don't play Star Wars then you need to kick off.

Comment

I saw Mumford and Sons at the 02 last week with some mates which was pretty sick. They are an incredible band. Completely sold out.

Comment

Re: Gig Going Thread.

Just got back from The Sword.

Face

Melted

By

Riffs

Overload!

Comment

I saw Orange Goblin, last night.

They're a Sabbath-inspired heavy metal bands with more riffs than Cyrus!

The lead singer, Ben Ward, is a man-mountain. His mike stand was about twice the height of the others!

Awesome night and a real party atmosphere for a Wednesday night.

Here's a song about Cthulhu, The Kraken, Armageddon and Atlantis.

Comment

Recently(ish) saw.

Smiths Indeed, China Crisis, Bat For Lashes, Pulp

Gigs coming up soon.

Richard Hawley, Zervas and Pepper

And.....Fleetwood Mac in September

Comment

Just Download festival for me this year, roll on June 12th.

Comment

At The Barras right now for BRMC. Big Pink just off stage. Finished with Dominies unsurprisingly.

Comment

Squarepusher ripped the Roundhouse to pieces last night. The sound system they have in there is absolutely incredible.

Comment

sorted out my hotels and flights for Depeche mode in May so all ready and all I need is the tickets

watched them on Jonathan ross last night and even though at times it seemed quite awkward (Dave on drugs) the new song from delta machine seems alright

Comment

Drove 450 miles down to London yesterday as I'd bought my nephew tickets for Green Day at the emirates. Watched the show then drove the 450 miles back, getting home at 6am! Massive effort, but well worth it. I don't care how cool it is to knock them, they're still great value for money after all these years, even if you do know all the stuff they'll pull. They played tons of stuff from Dookie, so I was a happy man.

Comment

Working...
                                X