No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Damian Marley (youngest son of Bob Marley) at the Enmore Theatre in Newtown, Sydney last thursday and he was absolutely amazing... whole place went nuts.

Just amazing live...

Comment

Originally posted by Usquan
      The first of which is tomorrow, these things roll around quick and thanks, I will have a good time!
      How was it last night? Did they finish with Yellow Ledbetter?

Comment

GOing to see Mark Eitzel up in oxford pretty soon I think. My mate has got me a ticket anyways. May also head up to Brixton for the Dinosaur gig, if only because I am fascinated about how the on stage band dynamics will work given that J.Mascis and Lou Barlow are known to hate each other.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
          I tried to console myself yesterday about missing that PJ gig by buying a new amp and peddle, running it through my wahwah and cranking out Yellow Ledbetter...it helped for a bit anyways.
          I was gutted about missing out as well, went for a walk and listened to Riot Act on my mp3 player and then bought some beers and a bottle of wine.

Comment

Looks like I secured myself a sopt at Give It A Name in Manchester next Saturday (ebay job)

The bands on thr right I'll be seeing, the top 4 of which I think are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Emir
              Just got back from Liverpool after staying there last night and catching Polysics. What a Birthday treat that was.(^_^)

I went expecting a good show, and left with the greatest gig experience I've ever had. It was simply awesome!
              The amount of energy they have is incredible. All that power packed into such little bodies.
              I saw Polysics last year - they rock! The way that guy channels feedback into his guitar is a thing of beauty Plus their shows tend to be small afairs so chances of hanging out with them for a pic are always high. Your girl should have buss the V sign though...heh.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                I saw Polysics last year - they rock! The way that guy channels feedback into his guitar is a thing of beauty Plus their shows tend to be small afairs so chances of hanging out with them for a pic are always high. Your girl should have buss the V sign though...heh.
                Yeah, it was real small. I think I prefer it that way.
                Really wanna catch 'em later this month, but I might not be able to.

Oh, and the missus ALWAYS turns into a nervous wreck around anyone like that. She could only grin with a kind of scared expression.

Comment

Flaming Lips at the Academy in Brum tonight for me.

There is a bbc truck outside there now, recording for radio 1 i presume.

Comment

Just got an email from my wife, she has got tickets for George Michael

Comment

Going to see Boris tonight, a Japanese Doom/Sludge/Noise/Stoner rock band, no idea what kind of crowd will be there but I like the venue so it should be fun all the same, last two albums have been ace.

Comment

Seen Panic! At The Disco at Carling Academy Glasgow on Friday night... kinda expected a better live performance but was still decent.

Comment

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds was OK at the MEN this Sunday.

Don't think I can be arsed with going to China to see it in 2007 now though.

Comment

I nearly sex wee'd when I found out Goo Goo Dolls are playing Bristol next month. Ordered tickets within seconds. And cannot wait.

Also going to see Taking Back Sunday soon, with HelloGoodbye and Matchbook Romance supporting. Kinda a barren spell for me lately, but will be seeing some of my favourite bands in July/August over in Osaka. Hooray.

Comment

Seriously, if you like Floyd or just wanna get blown away by incredible amounts of bass and trippy visuals then go see The Australian Pink Floyd Show. They are incredible! As a Floyd tribute band for just over twenty years they are now note perfect. Fantastic band

Comment

Missed call from a mate yesterday saying he had two tickets for Kaiser's last night in Brum. Haven't told my wife yet as she will flip. And they were only ?20! That's the trouble when you forget to pick up your phone

Comment

Working...
                                X