No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In contrast to Red Fang, I've just seen the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra at Central Hall, Westminster, playing movie themes such as Jaws, Jurassic Park, Gladiator and Back to the Future!

Comment

Saw Therapy? last night at the Garage in Glasgow. Fantastic gig. Pure nostalgia with them playing the Troublegum album right through then some old favs like Auto Surgery and Teethgrinder plus their great cover of Breaking The Law. I reckon I must have seen Therapy? live about twenty times by now and they are always great to see.
      Last edited by CMcK; 09-04-2014, 07:14.

Comment

That sounds an immense setlist!

Comment

It was. The crowd was loving it and the band were feeding off the atmosphere in the venue.

Comment

Going to see Babymetal at The Forum tonight. Anyone else going?

Comment

Hahaha, no, but I am curious to hear what it's like!

I have tickets for Tricot tomorrow night, but a change of plans with work means I'm going to be in Germany for the next few days. Balls.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                Going to see Babymetal at The Forum tonight. Anyone else going?

I caught their set at Sonisphere on Saturday. Mental stuff but quite enjoyable.

Sonisphere was was great with loads of old favourites - Anti Flag, Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Anthrax again and Iron Maiden. Really enjoyed Alestorm and their crazy pirate metal, future festival sing-a-long material there. Also Band of Skulls and Gary Numan played cracking sets too.

Went to see the Sisters of Mercy last night in Glasgow as well. Most gratuitous use of a smoke machine ever. It was silly how much dry ice was used.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Sonisphere was was great with loads of old favourites - Anti Flag, Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Anthrax again and Iron Maiden. Really enjoyed Alestorm and their crazy pirate metal, future festival sing-a-long material there. Also Band of Skulls and Gary Numan played cracking sets too.
                  I was really close to doing Sonisphere instead of Download as the line up was so bad this year. Only the second time I've ever missed Download.

After seeing Metallica on Glastonbury, I wished I was going to Sonisphere!
                  Do they still do the thing with the two stages alternating bands?

Comment

They do. The arena was pretty much the same as Sonisphere 2011. I was fortunate enough to do both Soni and Download this year. I do prefer the smaller size of Sonisphere it just seems a bit more laid back.

Bizzarely at Sonisphere I was paid a few compliments for my Sega console T-shirt with the slogan "Classically Trained".

Comment

I can get to Download in about 45 minutes, so I can avoid camping and have a shower, comfy bed, full night of sleep and a cooked breakfast!

If I'd have gone, I'd have worn this shirt:

Comment

Most Nirvana shirts are worn by 18 year olds that wouldn't know the difference!

Took me about 6 hours or get to Download and nearly nine to get to Soni. Can you put up some semi-daft Scots lads next year? We'll bring beer.

The good lady and I did Rock Royalty this year at Soni. Very civilised a 5x10m pitch for your tent with your car right next to it. No searches for gas, glass bottles or any of that. Hot showers, proper flushing toilets, exclusive bars and sets. Best of all was the RR campsite is right next to the arena so it's quicker to go back there for the loos than queue in the arena.

Comment

Saw the Foos at Milton Keynes Bowl, The Sword in Wolverhampton and I'm currently on my way to see Weird Al Yankovich LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Saw the Foos at Milton Keynes Bowl, The Sword in Wolverhampton and I'm currently on my way to see Weird Al Yankovich LIVE!
                            Last gig I went to was the Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes as well! Was supposed to go to Wembley but he went and fell off a stage.
                            Got the gig poster yesterday as well here

Comment

Saw the Foos at Murrayfield a few weeks back good set and great suport from Royal Blood.

So jealous you saw Weird Al. I know he's something of a novelty performer but his reworking of songs are brilliant. Numb me, drill me, floss me, bill me is better than the U2 original. Did he play The Alternative Polka?

Comment

I'd love to tell you Weird Al was a poor show, but it's one of the best I've ever seen.

A flawless, professional and funny performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X