X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Trammps!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

That's the first two concerts my son will be going to. I hope I don't piss people off with him on my shoulders too much. At least I won't have a ****ing phone out!
      Man, I’d love to see Perturbator and Carpenter Brut again. They haven’t played near me in years.

Comment

Years of postponements later, it finally happened! Was good.

PJ Harvey this Friday, which I'm excited for too.

Full Beyond the Redshift line-up is up now too and I have no absolutely no idea how to play it. The Forum's lineup is amazing but I cannot fathom being there for 10 straight hours, and I'd also really like to try and see Slow Crush and Birds in Row. What a problem to have.

Comment

Went to see JAWS @ The Garage in Highbury & Islington on Friday night.

Lots of fun and they played a mix of their classics alongside some new stuff. Another band that I didn't appear to realise had a younger following than I'd anticipated!

Comment

Saw LA Priest play a brief but very fun show @ Corsica Studios (Elephant & Castle) last Friday (6th Oct).

Mix of new stuff and classic hits played and copious amounts of stage-trashing and crowd-surfing/bombing to go with it. He even got the crowd to split and do a Soul Train-style dancing line!

Comment

Couple of great shows recently that I actually made it out to!

PJ Harvey at the Roundhouse was amazing; one of those artists I've wanted to catch for decades but for whatever reason have always missed the opportunity. No support, and instead a complete run through of the most recent album, and then what was essentially a greatest hits set after. Excellent.

Beyond the Redshift's full line-up was pretty great but other plans (and having old man legs/feet) meant that I instead had to get choosy about what I could turn up to. Didn't make it for Slow Crush sadly, but started the evening with Napalm Death at Kentish Town Forum, a quick dash down to The Dome for Birds in Row (great but quite brief), and then back to Kentish Town for a monstrous, 1 hour 45 set from Cult of Luna. They were superb. Lumbering and heavy but so, so tight, and just the most incredible sounding wall of sound. It looked like it was being filmed and I really can't wait to see what comes of that. Setlist was absolutely perfect from my perspective too; there was a bit where they played Lights on the Hill and went straight into Finland after where I'm fairly sure my soul just left my body.

Still got a few more things lined up before the end of the year, but also got tickets for Botch and Mitski next April/May, both of which should be very good.

Comment

Got a ticket to the Senser gig in December in London. Very excited.

Comment

Caught [K S R] @ Colours Hoxton last night. Supremely talented young Soul/R&B singer from Manchester. His first London show in a few years. Still as good as he ever was with a live band behind him.

Honourable mention to Kadeem Tyrell as the opening act. Don't normally catch opening acts at gigs I go to but glad I made the exception this time.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-10-2023, 13:47.

Comment

New York Post-Punk trio Patio played their first-ever UK show @ The Sebright Arms in Bethnal Green last night, and I was there.

Decent enough. Not sure I'd go to see play them again but the ticket was only £3 so no real damage done.

Comment

Was in Manchester on Saturday for day two of Damnation festival. Three stages of bands with some real standouts. Really good sets from Unearth, Amenra and Electric Wizard. Already thinking about going back next year.

Comment

Saw Bully @ The Old Blue Last in Shoreditch last night, first date of her 3-gig London residency (Folklore Hoxton tonight and The Shacklewell Arms in Dalston on Friday).

Stripped back garage rock (just her on main guitar with bass player on support). Enjoyable mix of classics and new stuff.

Comment

It’s ages away but I’m going to Download 2024! Going to try the Rock Retreat at Melbourne Hall. Not quite full fat RIP but has most of the benefits and costs a bit less. Craft beer bar and pizza joint at the campsite there.

Comment

Watched MorMor play @ The Lexington in Angel, Islington last night.

Enjoyable show. He played a mix of old and newer stuff. Catchy indie-psych-pop.

Comment

Carpenter Brut and Perturbator was Sunday. What an amazing double concert for the kid's first. I went against my morals and recorded some clips for the memories:

During the encore, Carpenter Brut himself came down and passed him a pair of drumsticks. What a memory!

Then it was Perturbator's set. Easily the loudest performance I've ever stood in front of (that's saying a lot). It's a good job James remembered his ear protection.

Next week is The Prodigy. James absolutely bums Howlett, so he's looking forward to that more than Christmas.

Comment

Went to see Green Lung at the Cathouse last night. Good set but too small a venue for them now. Not convinced about their recent third album but the new stuff came across well last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X