No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see Eric Roberson at the Camden Jazz Cafe last Saturday. Of all the artists I have ever seen he was the best. Not one band or singer has made me feel like that ever. The whole crowd were just swayed by him. Thankyou Eric for making my wife and I's night

Comment

Tool tonight.

****ing yes! Been waiting 5 years for this gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
        Tool tonight.

****ing yes! Been waiting 5 years for this gig.
        Saw Tool at download on Friday, if they play half as good as they did then, it will be the most amazing thing you have ever seen (barring Metallica!). They were truly awesome - AWESOME I TELLS YA!!

Comment

I knows mate, seen em' twice before.

Glad they had a good un' on Friday though!

I heard the 'Tallica played ALL of 'Master...'!!1!

Comment

Originally posted by supersmithy
            Saw Tool at download on Friday, if they play half as good as they did then, it will be the most amazing thing you have ever seen (barring Metallica!). They were truly awesome - AWESOME I TELLS YA!!

Didn't happen to see Dragon Force did you?

Comment

I knows mate, seen em' twice before.

Glad they had a good un' on Friday though!

I heard the 'Tallica played ALL of 'Master...'!!1!
              They certainly did. Much headbanging commenced! All that was missing from making it a perfect set (at least for me) was Four Horsemen. But hey, you can't get everything you want, sadly!

Comment

Originally posted by demon9k
                Didn't happen to see Dragon Force did you?
                Nope, didn't catch them, but my friends did, and said their sound was off, and you couldnt really hear the guitars, which is kind of the whole point of DragonForce :S

Comment

Geetar wankery is DF's forte, kinda like the Dragon without the Force if the sound was off.

Comment

Originally posted by supersmithy
                    Nope, didn't catch them, but my friends did, and said their sound was off, and you couldnt really hear the guitars, which is kind of the whole point of DragonForce :S
                    damn. Still wanna go see them at some point though!

Comment

Bleeders, i'm going to Tool tonight aswell. I'm leaving Birmingham shortly. Maynard in the flesh FTW.

Comment

It's gonna be an experience mate!

Comment

Angels & Airwaves was top stuff tonight, even with 45 mins of messing about trying to get Tom's guitar amp to work...

Comment

Tool were ****ing fantastic last-night!!1!

Absolutely covered in sweat it was so hot in the Apollo, but **** me, it was a superb gig!!1 All of the guys were bang on the money, especially a certain Danny Carey, who I swear, isn't human if he's able to carry out feats of drumming like that; just incredible.

Comment

Tool were ****ing fantastic last-night!!1!

Absolutely covered in sweat it was so hot in the Apollo, but **** me, it was a superb gig!!1 All of the guys were bang on the money, especially a certain Danny Carey, who I swear, isn't human if he's able to carry out feats of drumming like that; just incredible.
                              nice one bleeders
                              im going tonight,its a bit cooler today so it shouldnt be too hot(hopefully)
                              was there a support?what time did tool come on?
                              im gonna go to a pub before hand the booze in the apollo is crapola.
                              well excited!

Comment

It'll be hot in there mate.

Tool came on around 8:45 and finished around 10:15 if I remember rightly, there was no support band, only a mix-tape of Aphex Twin, Tricky and Meshuggah to keep us entertained until Tool took to the stage, with a setting that looked like it was from the not-too distant future with all the blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X