No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is nothing wrong with brainless enterainment, its not like the source materal was deep or anything lol

Comment

There is if it's totally inept. There needs to be something there surely?

Comment

The first was a coming of age love story, this is about the move to collage and trying to hold onto that relationship as distance and other people get in the way

Comment

I thought it was about giant transforming robots personally.

Comment

Are they in this one ?

Comment

They were barely in the first, so I hope so.

Comment

Got my tickets booked for 2pm on Tuesday at imax now. Can't wait, I don't care if it's crap, I just wanna see the massive robots

Comment

I got an Autobot T-Shirt in preparation for tomorrow night. I wanted a Decepticon one, but couldn't find one in town.

Comment

Just got in from watching this and thought it was pretty good. The plot felt a bit "rushed" at times but overall it was highly enjoyable with a good few laughs and loads of action.

Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                      Just got in from watching this and thought it was pretty good. The plot felt a bit "rushed" at times but overall it was highly enjoyable with a good few laughs and loads of action.

Megan Fox
                      Is it better than the first one? I thought that was mint. A close 2nd will even do me. Can't wait to watch this.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                        Is it better than the first one? I thought that was mint. A close 2nd will even do me. Can't wait to watch this.
                        I also watched this last night too. If you liked the first one you wont be dissapointed. (Well maybe a little). For me there was to many "funny" robot moments, missing one of my fav's from the first one Barracade (the cop), and not enough show of the new auto bots or even the old ones infact. I think it suffers from having to many robots thrown in. On the whole though, its pretty good. Maybe i was expecting to much.

Ill talk in spoilers now in more detail.

First ill go over my bad points...

New autobot Sideswipe gets his showing at the beginning of the film and looks like a really cool autobot but you feel like you only see him for the first 5mins.

No Barracade.

Dogs humping..... robots humping legs.... (to many robot funnies)

Final Fight - Really short. The fallen is abit of a wimp.

Left Wide open for another, so far open that i find it hard to beleive Micheal Bay has said hes not doing another one.

No Barracade

Good points -

CG is amazing, best looking Transformers ever all of the fights are awsome.

Jetfire and Soundwave was really nice to see.

Megan Fox.

Optimus Prime isnt a wimp like in the 1st one, he really kicks ass you find it hard to beleive its the same transformer who fought with Megatron at the end of the 1st one.

All in all though, I loved it as i am a transformers fanboy. Sorry if its all rushed i wrote this at work!

Any questions ask away!
                        Last edited by djtickle; 19-06-2009, 07:59.

Comment

I thought Paramount locked down early showings

Comment

Watched it at 00:01 this morning

Comment

I thought they even ruled that out ! I think the Americas are peeved we got it first, sitting in the cinema now waiting for it too start. Most people I have seen in a cinema since watchmen, but they are all annoying kids.

Ok that was pretty good some bits hit video realism in the end battle.
                              Its like star trek in that it does not let up for the near 3 hour running time, and the people watching it were laughing out loud evey 10 seconds
                              Last edited by dvdmike; 19-06-2009, 16:00.

Comment

Pretty much agree with your thoughts, djtickle. Caught it first thing this morning and whilst I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but feel the first one was an overall better movie.

I thought there were too many Transformers on both sides, and it really didn't help that most of the Decepticons, bar the Constructicons and one or two others were all dark grey in colour primarily! Most of the new Autobots I really couldn't care less about since there was very little characterisation, and most seemed like cannon-fodder if nothing else. Really liked the banter between Mudflap and Skidz, though, especially when they began tearing Devestator apart from the inside.

There was a tad too much humour from robots and people.

Optimus' personality did appear different and he was more badass for it. He seemed a lot more war hardened in the time he's spent on Earth, and his fighting style had definitely become more offensive, and less defensive. Maybe Ironhide became his sparring partner?

Really enjoyed Simmons in this one, unlike the first movie. He had a real purpose this time, as opposed to before where he just felt like another redundant human character (Australian bird, hacker guys etc).

Glad they snuck the matrix of leadership in, but why they had to completely redesign it, I don't know. Also, why was it human sized considering it would have been stored inside a Transformer??

Also,

regarding Barricade, he was apparently wiped out in a cut scene from the first movie so that's why he didn't made an appearance. Instead, we got a useless Audi R8 where you see its robot form for a split second...

Comment

Working...
                                X