No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the day before my parents criminally threw out all my G1 toys I had the Soundwave figure that transformed into the fully functional walkman

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
      Whilst Soundwave?s implementation wasn?t perfect, it was actually one of the stronger transitions from cartoon to movie. The way he was more focussed on espionage and counter-surveillance was very accurate in my opinion.

And Ravage was very cool too.

Just a shame they didn?t recreate his voice patterns.
      It was Frank Welker (also voice of the original Megs) doing the voice though, just bar the electronic reverb they added in the cartoons. In fact, minus the reverb, it was just Frank Welker doing the Dr Claw voice from Inspector Gadget!

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
        It was Frank Welker (also voice of the original Megs) doing the voice though, just bar the electronic reverb they added in the cartoons. In fact, minus the reverb, it was just Frank Welker doing the Dr Claw voice from Inspector Gadget!
        That's why it sounded familiar!!

Cartoon mash ups, eh!

Insp Gadget & Transformers...weird combo!!

Comment

Frank Welker has done every voice under the sun, including freddy from scooby do since the 60's

Comment

Firstluy just like to say im a big transformers fan from the 80's, have all the dvd's and thought the first movie was a good intro for fans and newbies. So just seen Fallen and what complete dump it is, it doesnt know what to be first a chick flick , then a comedy , then some rubbish with Megan in it guess to keep the 12 year olds happy , then its a war movie , plus not enough of the transformers and only the main 1's , ravage underused, soundwave shocking and no cool voice , annoying black transformers so stereotyped, stupid old jetfire with ham acting accent, jetfire is an awesome transformer not here he aint , no enough new transformers, just total crap please Bay dont make 3 cause this is an insult to the transformers name.
            Last edited by MisterBubbles; 08-07-2009, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              He does indeed.
              In the original Cartoons he took the form of a Cassette Walkman & all his little minions were in the form cassettes.

Main Cartoon minions were...

Ravage - Cat
              Frenzy - Robot
              Rumble - Same as Frenzy
              Lazerbeak - Birdy
              Buzzsaw - Birdy
              Ratbat - Bat
              Slugfest - Dinosaur
              Overkill - Dinosaur
              Squaktalk - Parrot
              Beastbox - Gorilla

Recently in Japan they actually released a version of Soundwave that was a working MP3 player that transformed & everything just like the G1 version.
              They also made headphones that transformed in Rumble & Frenzy.

Neil
              That makes them sound super cute lol

Comment

Last edited by gaanbo; 05-08-2009, 21:20.

Comment

"Since my son started drink gasoline, his intelligence dropped sharply. Before that, he was a very smart boy"

Did his parents really not think that quote through before they said it?

Comment

No point in being picky over continuity with something like this, but still I noticed what I think is a pretty glaring error.

Near the end when the constructicons unite to form Devastator, you pretty clearly see the cement mixer decepticon getting absorbed into the transformation (as you'd expect, right?). But while Devastator is still climbing about on top of the pyramid, the cement mixer robot is seen fighting the army troops elsewhere. What's that all about? Another constructicon (the yellow crane type) is also seen fighting separately while Devastator is combined.

Anyway, this movie disappointed me in the exact same way as the first one, the robots look rubbish with nothing to focus on because they are just a big mess of constantly shifting parts.

Comment

yes, why was it 2.5hrs or so long too? what a load of ****e.

Comment

Because they wanted to keep in the stupidly inappropriate university stuff. I don't consider myself a prude at all but putting stuff like that in a kids movie...

Really can't think of any positives about the second movie.

Comment

How can you take a film about giant robots, have ILM do amazing CGI work, and make it boring?!

Comment

watched this again last night. i really liked the movie when i saw it at the cinema but the second time through made me cringe.

like smurf said, there was a lot of stuff that was not only inappropriate for a kids movie but completely unfunny and irritating. I still love the cg and the action scenes are quite good. i think the reason i loved the movie so much after seeing it at the cinema was that fight in the forest. if only the whole movie could have been like that.

the desert could have been a lot better too if they'd used a different set of ruins to the first movie

Comment

So thought id start the build up to the 3rd film after looking on Michael bay dot com and seeing as its oly 388 days off!

One thing thats mentioned is they seem'd to have learned from there mistakes in 2.

"One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy," Bay adds. So the twins, the two bumbling, slang-spewing robots? "They're basically gone," he says, though John Turturro returns for comic relief.

There are some really nice screens, and a video of them filming which shows some nice stuff. Not like bay for a Transformers movie we normally see nothing on build up!

Comment

Think they know they've got to really work to get people interested in this.

They also don't have Megan Fox and her stupid "I'm a lesbian, but I like guys too! But I wouldn't want to sleep with a guy and a girl at the time time because guys are icky and I've got this awesome new huge tattoo that... Why are you staring at my thumb?" PR drivel.

Comment

Working...
                                X