No announcement yet.

Hulk (and now The Incredible Hulk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punisher War Zone was better than the film with Travolta in it, its was brilliant in fact... though i did like them both.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      What happened to Abomination after the fight? He seemed to vanish into thin air. Like Hulk wouldn't have squeezed his head off with those chains, instead he just lets him live so that he can get up and go stomping around killing hundreds more innocent people.

Really poor storyboarding there, I can't believe a group of people sat through that and said "Yeah, that's rite that is, good job lads!".

Drivel. I can think of 150,000,000 better uses for $150,000,000. I don't know why I bother sitting down to watch these superhero movies when I know I'm just going to rage after them. About the only ones I like are The Punisher (Jane/Travolta) and Watchmen.
      Agreed, its like Abom' was much stronger than hulk, then hulk got pi$$ed and gained the upper hand, nearly choking him to death and then . . . . . . Abom just doesnt bother any more?!?!? Like they would have had cuffs big enough to subdue him that quickly? Absolutely crap end fight, they needed to take a leaf out of Transformers or Superman 2 fights to get an idea of the right scale. It was so short and lacking in power and ideas.

I would say watch Kick Ass before you write off any more comic book movies (although shocked you dont like TDK)

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        Punisher War Zone was better than the film with Travolta in it, its was brilliant in fact... though i did like them both.
        Out of the three Punisher films I think the Tom Jane / Travolta one was by far the best.

The last one- War Zone was terrible.

-The guy playing Punisher did not embody the character physically well enough. A cop momentarily got the better of him during a street fight, what a joke! That would never happen to the Punisher. And while it did have some nice gory moments, the guy playing Punisher just did not have any weight to him- he was not intimidating. The script was toss too. No wonder Tom Jane left the project.

Comment

So my top 5 films based on comicbooks-

1-TDK
          2-BB
          3-Iron Man
          4-Batman
          5-Batman Returns

6 is Superman The Movie but that has been edged out of my top 5 in recent times.

All films mentioned are killer.
          Can't wait for IM2.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
            (although shocked you dont like TDK)
            I simply don't like the Batman concept, never have, he's just Inspector Gadget only a bit harder and more emo because of his dead parents. If it was Batman vs. any mutant he'd be in a world of pain, infact put Batman in a proper street fight with some lunatic ex-SAS skinheads and he'd be in a world of pain.

Even as a film in it's own right I found TDK massively overrated, and somewhat anti-climatic. I prefered the Burton Batman films, back when Burton was good.

Comment

Ironically the Batman thing in the opposite is why I don't rate TDK as one of the best Comic book films. It's a great film but terrible as a Batman film, the inclusion of the characters is almost unneccesary. It's a great crime film but Nolan stripped out all of the elements that made Begins such a great start.

As amazing as Ledger was as the Joker it was almost too much his show. Batman mills around brooding for too much of the film. Hopefully for B3 they'll take it back to basics.

For me out of the recent superhero films it might be Spiderman 2 that peaks out. It has it's cheesy moments but it's perfectly paced and is not just a great film but also a great Spiderman film.

Comment

If it was Batman vs. any mutant he'd be in a world of pain, infact put Batman in a proper street fight with some lunatic ex-SAS skinheads and he'd be in a world of pain.
                Nope, this just shows you don't understand Batman's abilities.
                That and you have not read The Dark Knight Returns in which a 55 year old Batman takes on a gang of super fit 20 something mutants and kicks ass.

You see Batman is a martial arts expert in almost every martial art there is. Implausible in real life sure, but that's who he is the comics. When someone throws a punch at him he knows six different ways to stop the punch from connecting, which ones will just stop the punch and which ones will break the assailants arm.

His hand to hand fighting skills FAR surpass any SAS guy, add to that his bullet proof armor, equipment & visors that are superior to SAS equipment (that's when being a billionaire can come in handy) and his unique weapons. Batman would kick the **** out of them.
                Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 26-04-2010, 13:57.

Comment

I own hundreds of batman comics and collections, and I dont think TDK is a great Batman flick

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                    So my top 5 films based on comicbooks-

1-TDK
                    2-BB
                    3-Iron Man
                    4-Batman
                    5-Batman Returns
                    Wow, that's a lot of Batman in that Top 5!

No Blade, Superman II, Spiderman, TMNT, V: for Vendetta, Hellboy, 300, 30 Days of Night, A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, Sin City, Wanted or Kick-Ass in that list?

There's some good non-comic original films too:
                    Unbreakable, The Incredibles, Darkman and Hancock.

I'm not dissin' yo ass, just surprised so many of the Batman Films hit the mark for you.

I saw TDK at the IMAX and loved it, but I can't summon the energy to watch it again. It's on all the time on Sky, but the film is so depressing, I can't face it.

I loved Batman Begins and can re-watch that, but the gritty realism (y'know, for a comicbook movie) of the sequel and relentless attacks by the Joker, who seems to have the upperhand throughout, gets me down.

Sorry!
                    Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-04-2010, 14:07.

Comment

Top 5?
                      Off the top of my head

1.X-Men-2
                      2.Superman
                      3.Iron Man
                      4.Kick Ass
                      5.Superman Returns/Batman Returns Can't decide between them
                      Last edited by dvdmike; 26-04-2010, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                        Nope, this just shows you don't understand Batman's abilities.
                        That and you have not read The Dark Knight Returns in which a 55 year old Batman takes on a gang of super fit 20 something mutants and kicks ass.

You see Batman is a martial arts expert in almost every martial art there is. Implausible in real life sure, but that's who he is the comics. When someone throws a punch at him he knows six different ways to stop the punch from connecting, which ones will just stop the punch and which ones will break the assailants arm.

His hand to hand fighting skills FAR surpass any SAS guy, add to that his bullet proof armor, equipment & visors that are superior to SAS equipment (that's when being a billionaire can come in handy) and his unique weapons. Batman would kick the **** out of them.
                        OK then, here's one for you, who would in in Bruce Lee and 'office attire' Batman?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                          5.Superman Returns/Batman Returns Can't decide between them
                          Superman Returns? My wife got the DVD for ?2 and I still got rid of it. Terrible film.

For me.

X2
                          Iron Man
                          Spidey 2
                          Batman Begins
                          Hulk (really liked the comic panel transitions)

and for my cheese entry I do have a soft spot for Ghost Rider. I'd never call it a great superhero flick, though.

Comment

I can see the point on TDK.
                            Saw it at the Cinema loved it...bought the Blu-Ray watched it once & couldnt cope anymore, seems WAY too long now & the Joker bits are the saving grace, so well played but I can't stomach it anymore.

Iron Man on the other hand I cant just watch over & over absolute class & when 2 comes out I'll be like a kid in a candy shop

Top 5 though is tough.

Live action it would be -

1) Iron Man
                            2) X-Men 2
                            3) Sin City
                            4) Blade 2
                            5) Fantastic Four

Now if we add Animation into the Mix then I'm all for...

1) Transformers: The Movie
                            2) Planet Hulk
                            3) Justice League: A New Frontier
                            4) TMNT
                            5) Appleseed: Ex Machina

And then I'd have to give honourable mentions to:

Green Lantern: First Flight
                            Justice League: Crisis on 2 Earths
                            Ultimate Avengers
                            Batman: Gotham Knight

The Animated movies obviously have the upper hand over the Live Action stuff because of the animation process making it all a bit easier to get away with crazy stuff but I do think th new raft of Marvel movies are getting close to Comic Book perfection in my eyes.

Haven't seen Kick Ass yet as I'm waiting for the Blu now but I expect that to wipe the floor with most adaptions.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                              Superman Returns? My wife got the DVD for ?2 and I still got rid of it. Terrible film.

For me.

X2
                              Iron Man
                              Spidey 2
                              Batman Begins
                              Hulk (really liked the comic panel transitions)

and for my cheese entry I do have a soft spot for Ghost Rider. I'd never call it a great superhero flick, though.
                              Ghost rider over Returns?

Comment

OK then, here's one for you, who would in in Bruce Lee and 'office attire' Batman?
                                The answer to every 'Batman vs' is always 'Batman, if he's allowed to prepare'

The guy managed to beat the whole of the Justice League by himself. His plot armour is second only to Squirrel Girl's

Comment

Working...
                                X