No announcement yet.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was cringe-worthy because you knew what was gonna happen.

Leon is brilliant though, episode 2 with the conversation with Larry after breakfast had me in fits;

Larry: My wife... she er... she said there was a stain on your sheet?
    Leon: What? Like a gravy stain... a cereal bar stain?
    Larry: Ejaculate.
    Leon: Ajackalet?
    Larry: No, not ajackalet, ejaculate.
    Leon: What's ejaculate?
    Larry: C*m stain.
    Leon: What kinda cum was it?
    Larry: How do I know what c*m it was, c*m is c*m?
    Leon: No it's not, c*m is not c*m, but anyway, it wasn't me Larry you know why?
    Larry: Why.
    Leon: Cause' I bring ze' ruckus to the ladies, you dig. Besides man, what is there to jack off to around here anyway? etc.

Comment

Yeah that conversion was hilarious, as has been almost every exchange between Larry and Leon.

it was good to see Jeff wasn't still pissed at Larry in the forth episode. The show wouldn't be the same without their little discussions, plus Jeff is normally the only person who ever agrees with Larry about anything.

Comment

I can't wait to watch series6 on dvd. I got through series5 in a few days, and really enjoyed it.

Larry David and Curb have been one of the best things about this decade. He helped create Seinfeld, made millions, and then created another show starring himself, which is absolutely brilliant. What an amazing guy.

Like Seinfeld, Curb is based on everyday events and experiences, which should be boring, but because of the great writing, they become hilarious. Larry is simply fascinating as the easy-going guy, who is constantly confronted with crazy people and situations.

I often think any sane guy would crack under the strain of being in such a hostile crazy environment, but the fact that Larry relentlessly battles-on, is what makes the show so watchable. The fact that a lot of the stories have elements many people can recognise from their lives, just shows how close to reality things can be in the show, and that is truely a scary thought.

Comment

Leon is brilliant in this; episode 4 -

"You gots to get in his asshole, spraypaint LARRY WAS HERE!!1 Get in his asshole, close the door and **** his whole asshole up!"

In fits of laughter for ages with that.

Comment

Happy Birthday Becker!

Comment

The latest episode was awesome.

More like the Curb of old.

Comment

The whole season so far has been top drawer, for me anyway.

Comment

Great episode, so many funny bits in there.

Leon was back on form with that 'go topsy-turvy on that mofo' and the whole conversation with Hal.

Comment

Just picked up series 1 to 5 for £60 from HMV. Impulse purchases FTW! Only seen dribs and drabs of the show before but really looking forward to sitting down and watching them all from scratch.

Hopefully series 6 will be on DVD by the time I've watched them all

Comment

freaky thing - i'd been watching alan partridge, then i put on the latest curb and coogan's in it!

steve coogan ftw

Comment

Best. Season. Ever.

IMO, like.

Seemingly,

we're led to believe Larry's "married" to Loretta now? I'm quite glad about that, since Leon has been one of the best Curb characters. "He's wandering around like Mopy Dick!"

Brilliant end-of-season episode with Larry attempting to quell rumours of a gerbil up his arse, a fellow cinema patron jumping the queue, then Larry using the same schtick to ward off a bloke trying to rent the office opposite his.

For me, it wasn't immediately "obvious" about Larry/Loretta, but if you go back and watch it from the start, there's something there from the look she gave Larry in the first episode, Meet The Blacks to the The Rat Dog episode where they're in the store buying a toaster etc.

Roll on Season 7, if there's to be one.

Comment

Brilliant end to the series. Loved the bit at the end when Susie was having a go at Larry and Loretta stepped in and started having a go at her

Here's hoping for a Series 7. Going to have to get hold of some more Seinfeld (seen the first three series) for my Larry David written fix now.

Comment

For anyone who hasn't seen season 6 via "other means", it's starting on More4 tonight at 10:35.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, will V+ the series - again.

Comment

Damnit, I'm only on series 3

Comment

Working...
                                X