X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood Hot Wheels: Round 40

WELCOME TO:

HOLLYWOOD HOT WHEELS: ROUND 40

We're now getting into the late stages of the rounds as we resume looking at the industries most recognisable vehicles covering all manners of iconic designs from film, tv and gaming, their history and what you think of them.

Each round will see three vehicles lined up for the showcase. Unlike the voting conducted in the other threads, here things are more cutthroat.

You each can only vote for a single design in each round, casting the other two to the scrapheap of Hollywood history.
    Make your choice then tell us why you like or don't like each vehicle and why you voted for the one you did.

VEHICLE 118 - 1970 Pontiac Trans AM

The Cannonball Run car was one of the two, along with Smokey's, that helped popularise the car across the 70's and 80's. This movie gave the car its bright red bodywork as it tried to survive the hijinks of the infamous multi-car race before finally being destroyed late in the film.

Run to Vote for It?

VEHICLE 119 - 1970 Dodge Challenger

Vanishing Point's lead car is this white Challenger, the car was used both in the original film and its late 1990's remake series. It's unknown how many of the cars survived filming but speculation is that the answer is none of them with all known examples being replica's. Five were used for the TV series version with all five still existing today.

Vanishing Option?

VEHICLE 120 - DEV IL

Cruella De Ville's car might have been purple in the original animated film but the live action versions changed this to black and white to match her wardrobe and the colouring of the dogs she craved so much. Despite how old the car looks, it was primarily a popular model for the rich during the 1970's and 80's, the car used was the makers most exclusive version and six years after its creation the manufacturer folded. Across the years the car was made only 60 were ever produced and so were heavily customised on order. Most, including the films, survive to today as they were all handmade and carefully crafted.

Is the De Vil in the Detail?

Which is the ultimate Hollywood Hot Wheel?
    1970 Pontiac Trans AM
    40.00%
    1970 Dodge Challenger
    40.00%
    DEV IL
    20.00%

I voted for the Vanishing Point car, it was between the first two but I imagine if I was to buy one I'd swing for the latter

Comment

Working...
    X