BPX092: The Greatest Phase Three MCU Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPX092: The Greatest Phase Three MCU Movie

We found out that there were no strings on Starks creation, saw SHIELD disbanded and met the smallest of heroes.

But now we now move our attention to Phase Three and the culmination of the first MCU arc.

To qualify the films have to share some level of on screen connection with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This means some narrative tissue rather than simply making use of the IP, as such multiple films are now part of the MCU however titles like the recent Madame Web are not.

As things stand, which is the best Phase Three movie and why?
    Captain America: Civil War
    0%
    Doctor Strange
    0%
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
    0%
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    0%
    Thor: Ragnarok
    16.67%
    Black Panther
    0%
    The Avengers: Infinity War
    66.67%
    Deadpool 2
    0%
    Ant Man and the Wasp
    0%
    Venom
    0%
    Captain Marvel
    0%
    The Avengers: Endgame
    16.67%
    Spider-Man: Far From Home
    0%

This was a tough call!

Not a fan of Civil War because it escalates so quickly and Stark goes back to being a douchebag and undoes everything in IM3 that progresses his character.
    I mean I like it and there are some ace action scenes, but it's a bit of a toothless airport fight, despite being fun.

I think Venom and Deadpool 2 can GTF in your list.

Doctor Strange is great and it's one of my fave 3D films because it looks so lush with all the portals adding depth or translucent hex spells.

Ragnarok is great but a little too funny? It's like ha ha ha, oh there's a genocide.

So, for me, it's going to be one of the last two in the arc.
    I love Endgame and watching at the cinema, I was wondering how the hell they'd solve it and when Ant-Man turns up and the plan starts forming, I was on the edge of my seat.
    Maybe it's a little too cheesy and the solution is a bit contrived, but I loved how they all had their proper endings.

So, I think Infinity War is my choice because it's got so many great moments and I love how achingly close they get to beating Thanos, despite how tough he is.

Comment

Honestly I loved Thor: Ragnarok.

I've lost track of the number of times I've rewatched that.

"What are you? The god of hammers?"

Comment

This is a harder one because there's a good few, including Endgame, that I've only seen once. Civil War is decent but a waste of a solo Cap movie what is actually just another Avengers film.

Guardians 2 hits hard with its emotional hammer but a lot of its runtime is the characters sitting around. There's quite a few that are fine but were overrated at the time too like BP, Captain Marvel, both Spider-Man films etc. In the end, I enjoyed Endgame though I recall the time travel solution feeling like a cheap move so Infinity War is probably the ultimate victor

Comment

Working...
        X