No announcement yet.

Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really trying my best to like this, but I'm finding it very hard.

Tonight's episode didn't seem to have much going for it either - 10 minutes in and I was already looking at the clock to see how much longer it would be drawn out for. Unlike Dr Who the episodes of Torchwood all feel way too drawn out.

Like Pete said earlier in this thread, it's Dr Who without the charm - especially seeing as none of the main characters seem to have any real appeal. Even Cpt Jack seems to be shadow of what made him so interesting in Who.

No doubt that's a plot device about whatever happened to him and why he can't die but tbh, the way it's going, it could be the result of him being invaded by a giant Ice Cream Monster from the far off planet of Hagan Das and I wouldn't really be bothered

Comment

Oh dear.

After tonight's episode, I feel that's me done with Torchwood.

I was hoping from the trailers that they'd be able to pull things around and if anything had given the chance to do it, it would have been the Cyberwoman plot.

Instead it was 50 minutes of badly acted nonsense and the final straw as the

Pterodactyl

fight. I'm all for suspending disbelief when it comes to sci-fi, but it was one step too far. A cybernetic killing machine

armed with all sorts of lethal devices, being done in by a prehistoric monster.

Right.

Throw in the appalling acting, Robocop's sound effects, a meandering and clich?d plotline

(robot arm through the small blast door window anyone?)

and the rest of the series up to this point and I'm bailing out.

Roll on the third series of Dr Who for something with a bit of charm and entertainment value.

Comment

i'm surprised it's taken you this long to realise it's **** mate

Comment

Yeah, I think I might call it a day too. Its getting worse rather than better and just doesnt do anything for me. *shrug*. Can't wait for the new series of Dr Who though.

Comment

I am so glad I gave up after the first two episodes that were shown. It sounds even worse now, although I'd quite like to hear some BBC style Robocop sound effects...

Personally, it reminded me of Rentaghost

Comment

I still watch for it's Doctor Who links (not that I am a huge fan but really like the new series) and like to know what's happeneing. Also, I live near Cardiff and know the place well so it's nice to play spot the difference. And the scenes where they're running through town - they get EVERYWHERE! One minute on Queen St, they go around the corner.... Bay! It's fun to watch for me! Oh, and guessing what building they stand atop next!

Comment

The one that was on the other night was set in Brecon Beacons apparently, and pastoral sci-fi rocks! Anyone watch it? Was it any good?

Comment

As far as Torchwood goes it wasn't bad. Its still really badly acted and they seem to have shoe-horned in a romantic angle which would have been better served if it fed into several episodes though.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                    As far as Torchwood goes it wasn't bad. Its still really badly acted and they seem to have shoe-horned in a romantic angle which would have been better served if it fed into several episodes though.
                    i reckon this is one of my guilty pleasures

i quite like it

sorreee

Comment

Did anyone watch this steaming pile of turd's return the other night?

Jesus christ, its only saving grace is its hilarity, for all the wrong reasons.
                      Its so horrendously mis cast as well. And I expected woody the woodpecker to turn up at some point and start hammering away on half the cast.

And why is everyone fecking Gay? and why is it so brazen?

Comment

Dr Who spin off innit...!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          Did anyone watch this steaming pile of turd's return the other night?

Jesus christ, its only saving grace is its hilarity, for all the wrong reasons.
                          Its so horrendously mis cast as well. And I expected woody the woodpecker to turn up at some point and start hammering away on half the cast.

I tried to give it a chance but after the first 5 mins with a fish driving a sports car I wanted to ask for a refund on my licence fee.

To answer your question, see Doctor Who. They are both written by the same man who wrote Queer as Folk.
                          Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Very much enjoyed this episode, it is still rubbish, but enjoyable all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              It can be summarised thus:-

"Russel T. Davies".

When people of future look back they will describe him as the man who was heralded as the second coming by sci-fi fans for bringing Dr Who back from the dead, but too late peoplerealised it was all part of some Machiavellian charade and he was actually raping the **** out of everything that they held dear.

I didn't watch it. I didn't think I could face it after seeing the trailers.

"Aliens? In Caaaaardiffffff?!"

Yes, it's not actually hard to believe walking down Chip Shop Alley in the early hours of the morning because most people there are on another planet.

But kudos for Jim Robinson from Neighbours for not getting type cast as a high powered, smart dressed business man... oh wait!

I think everything about how bad Torchwood is can be summarised by the fact that they're making a pre-watershed version of it for kids with all the "naughty" bits taken out.

They obviously so superfluous to it that removing them doesn't effect it in any way and if that's the case they shouldn't even be there at all.
                              Last edited by Spatial; 18-01-2008, 22:38. Reason: me no make da sense

Comment

Agree with that but a bit of HLA feat. Gwen never goes amiss.

Comment

Working...
                                X