No announcement yet.

Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 12 episodes in series 3. But, I beg you, don't watch all of them in quick succession - it completely ruined series 2 for me. I think a good TV program needs to be savoured.

Comment

Think I'll do it in weekly batches. Watched the first three last night. Pretty good but not as immediately thrilling as series 2. Yet.

Comment

Watched episode 4 last night. Was more like an episode of The Shield than Dexter. It should never attempt this again.

Comment

Season three did start off a bit slowly, stick with it for sure.

Comment

Personally I didnt think the end of this season was good as the last. It was good, but I think Season 2 had raised the level high. I mean, the tension was amazing last season when

Doakes realised Dexter was a serial killer! And then in the finale when he gets Lila at the end. But this Season I reckon they could have done a bit more just dunno what, may be just me being to damanding!

Comment

I felt the same, jagvirdi. I kind of got the impression the writers considered this "Dexter's day off".

At the end he says something like "life is good" which is similar to what he said at the beginning of season 3/end of season 2 after being freed from the Bayharbour Butcher case.

I want them to try something "new" next series. Although, I worry that part of what makes Dexter "Dexter" is that he is just a serial killer trying to live a normal life. It's his domesticity that sets the show apart from 24.
              Last edited by egparadigm; 23-12-2008, 09:32.

Comment

I would really like to see the writers do a story line

where Deb gets near to the truth and Dex perhaps has to off her as well.

Would be well cool, cant stand her :P

Comment

She has really grown on me in the third series, each to their own and all that I guess. She seems to be getting more and more "airtime" also which is nice.

Comment

Finished this last night. It was as watchable as ever but nowhere near as good as the second series. In fact it was only when

Prado and Dexter started constantly trying to get the upper hand on each other

that it even came close.

Still, I'm very glad that there's going to be another series.

How come Quinn was the only person whose hair grew?

Comment

Apparently Michael C. Hall has married his on-screen sister, Jennifer Carpenter. How weird is that?

Still they're both great actors, so I'm happy for them.

Comment

Heh, good stuff.

Comment

Comment

I always wonder, if the writers would do this in the series ? With them no being related etc.. Then again, i do like Rita's character, in it, she has that Elaine from Airplane thing going on...

Comment

Finished season 3 last night. Another trememndous season but it didn't pan out as I expected;

I thought Miguel might have put 2+2 together regarding the clean/professional fatal incision on his brother and the discovery that Dexter really knows what he's doing, and the chance he's been stringing Dexter along in an even more elaborate way.

Also, the evolution of the show dictates that Dexter's character is increasingly capable of real emotion, but i did prefer it when his emotions were more obviously artificial in season 1.

All in all though it's still completely awesome and head and shoulders above most TV drama. Some great moments. And a great set up for season 4.

Comment

Season 4 kicks off in the USA at end of September, Comic-Con Showtime trailer is embedded in this link. Cannot wait.

The trailer for Season 4 of Showtime's "Dexter" was released last week at Comic-Con. Looks like having a baby can put a real crimp on the life of a serial killer. John Lithgow will be the guest villain this season, looking super creepy, which is what he does best. Keith Carradine's back too, which is nice;

Comment

Working...
                                X