No announcement yet.

Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame it was a short season, did feel a little easy and rushed at the end yes. Wasn't sure how the season would end so ...

Thought his time was up when Deb caught him and Lumen at the River Camp

Still a great show that I will miss not seeing on a Monday evening

Comment

Yep, a rather lacklustre ending.

They are keeping the show very procedural which I am okay with. Although they get the chance to pad out the show they also don't have to send Dexter out on a doomed on the run story. If the writers could only deal with the glaring holes in the story/plot I wouldn't have any qualms about further seasons.

Hopefully
      won't be a second tier enemy next season but he will be. Boring character be he's so engrained now.

Chase/lee miller

was okay this season but with him not being a direct physical threat he didn't work out as well as the normal big bad.

If they get a chance to wrap up the show without it being cancelled I'd like Deb to find out about Dexter, kill herself and let Dexter stew for 5-10 minutes until he takes his own life. LaGuerta would then come, find the bodies and give a iconic 'WTF'.

But they will pull a Lumen cop out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
        Yep, a rather lacklustre ending.

They are keeping the show very procedural which I am okay with. Although they get the chance to pad out the show they also don't have to send Dexter out on a doomed on the run story. If the writers could only deal with the glaring holes in the story/plot I wouldn't have any qualms about further seasons.

Hopefully
        won't be a second tier enemy next season but he will be. Boring character be he's so engrained now.

Chase/lee miller

was okay this season but with him not being a direct physical threat he didn't work out as well as the normal big bad.

If they get a chance to wrap up the show without it being cancelled I'd like Deb to find out about Dexter, kill herself and let Dexter stew for 5-10 minutes until he takes his own life. LaGuerta would then come, find the bodies and give a iconic 'WTF'.

But they will pull a Lumen cop out.
        I hope they dont do anything like that for the ending of the show, just killing everyone off is a lazy way to go out and Id like to think the writers are smarter than that, plus Dexter and Deb would never kill themselfs, talk about out of character, those are two fighters if ever there were ones.

As for this seasonb, i enjoyed it, i think its been one of the best, the finale obviously didnt have the impact of the one last season, but I think it was sensible that they didnt try to top that. It was a much more complative ,and even slightly moving, finale and I thought it worked well.

Comment

Comment

Had to stop a minute in as it was revealing a bit too much about the coming season. Dexter, Mad Men, and Boardwalk Empire to look forwards to over the coming months. Breaking Bad has been holding it down for me, though. I'm feeling a bit sad that a few television programs are the highlight of my life right now, though. Maybe I'm just bored and lacking decent entertainment.

Comment

Just in case it's slipped under the radar, season six started yesterday in the US. Yesssssssss.

Comment

Watched it earlier. Felt incredibly played out.

It help the story move along but

it was really out of character for LaGuerta to do what she did

I'll watch the whole season as it's still good enough but I can see it being ended sooner rather than later.

Comment

Ended storyline wise or as a show? They've just committed to Dexter Seasons 7 & 8

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                    Ended storyline wise or as a show? They've just committed to Dexter Seasons 7 & 8
                    I hadn't heard (or I'd forgotten) that they'd had a long extension. It doesn't mean there will be and my gut reaction is that it's just posturing by the network for Hall.

Story and the show. To me they have just been treading water. From the first ep (and seeing all of the previous season) I feel that all of the main arcs have been painfully laid out.

Dexter (likely) pork-u's Batista's sister. She finds out about dexter so he kills her. This causes Batista to hunt Dexter down.
                    Olmos is apparition like Dexters dad. Dexter kills Hanks.

I just can't see them going anywhere with the show, just dragging it out like House.

Comment

he needs to get caught and go on the run.

it could be like highway to heaven, except he kills somebody every week instead of helping them.

Comment

I agree about it treading water, potentially a minimum of 8 years is a long time for him to repeatedly almost get caught without it wearing a little thin and they should think of not out staying their welcome and finishing on a high. Personally, Deb should find out and Dexter has to kill her which is what finally pushes him over the edge and he gets caught.

Comment

I'm watching now, it was nice to have the previous seasons clips I always start new seasons worried I've forgotten everything.

Loved the snakes and the feinting intern I probably would have had the same reaction in real life. I like the show better when Dexter's normal life is investigating crimes unconnected to him. Liked him suddenly being popular at the school reunion, I could see the same happening to me if I ever went to one. I'm not successful (yet!) but I bet I'd be more interesting than most, unintentionally, that's not really a brag.

I might actually drop the show and not make it to seasons 7-8 if they happen, it does seem to be dragging, despite some moving on his life will continue in a similar way until he's caught.

As for House, they can drag that out as long as they want and I'll still keep coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
                            he needs to get caught and go on the run.

it could be like highway to heaven, except he kills somebody every week instead of helping them.
                            For some reason this made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              For some reason this made me laugh out loud.
                              Me too.

Comment

WTF

Some actual plot progression!

After this dreadful season I'm actually looking forward to the next season.

No Big bad with Louis acting as filler?

Comment

Working...
                                X