Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same

The only way to redeem this is to give it the send off it deserves, Lester and co finally get back to the real earth, maybe even more than 3 million years back so he can end up with Kristine Kochanski and live on Fiji. If its done well and brings a tear to the eye then I think most of us fans will forgive the ****e episodes inbetween.

Either that or they all die in Blackadder'esque fashion and we hunt down the creators and decapitate them slowly!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
      Kristine Kochanski

Probably too much to hope for but we got Norman Lovett back so who knows? Don't think I'll ever wash the stain of that Pride and Prejudice episode from memory.

Comment

They've already mooted a Series XI onward if this does well so no ending in sight. At this rate we might get to the point with 120yr old Lister like shown in Series I. Now THAT's full circle lol

Comment

The cast look old in comparison to how we remember them at the height of RD's success, but I'm sure all fans will get used to how they look now, as they haven't changed to the point of looking a lot different.

I love every season of RD. The first season has a distinct charm of its own, then as the budget grew.. I enjoyed how things became more dramatic and expanded. I have strong faith that the new series will be very enjoyable. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I like every season except 7, was very VERY hard to get through that one. So I take it if this makes enough money for Dave they'll crack on with season 11 which means theres probably no ending for season 10. Knowing our luck it'll end on another cliff hanger and leave us thinking "what if . . ." forever. Sometimes I think we RD fans are just glutton for punishment.

Thats why I loved S4 of Breaking bad in that it finished off more than half decent in case it never got picked up again. Now thats love!

Comment

Never really had a massive issue with the later seasons, they all had their moments even if they weren't classics. The Dave special left me pretty ambivalent though. I'll definitely be watching this new series with fingers crossed it'll get back the spirit of the first few seasons.

Here's hoping. Gazpacho.
              Last edited by MartyG; 27-04-2012, 20:12.

Comment

It was only really going back to the early seasons that showed me how far the show had fallen. Around series 3 in ways is definitive Red Dwarf as most think of it, and me too. But there is a basic sitcom purity to the very early episodes that's incredibly well done. Confined to the ship, no real out there sci-fi, and all about those few characters and really funny. Still, I found most seasons had something to offer.

I kind of wish they'd take the opportunity to give it a really good send-off though.

Comment

Went downhill after rob grant left ....someone once said two writers on a project make for a better writer better then both of them

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    It was only really going back to the early seasons that showed me how far the show had fallen. Around series 3 in ways is definitive Red Dwarf as most think of it, and me too. But there is a basic sitcom purity to the very early episodes that's incredibly well done. Confined to the ship, no real out there sci-fi, and all about those few characters and really funny. Still, I found most seasons had something to offer.
                    I was just about to post the same thing actually. I returned to the earlier series' recently and it's such a contrast. It was genuinely funny and all about the characters, without having to resort to wacky scenarios.

Didn't take to the recent three specials in the slightest so I don't have much hope.

Comment

Comment

Some of the comments around the net are typically moronic but based on the little that is in the trailer I'm optimistic. The costumes are more in line with the best series, the excess cast has been dropped, the humour looks like it's less about them as a group vs others and back to being about undermining each other again, it's a real set that's got the old worn-space look too. It won't be the best series ever as they'd still need to get back in the groove for a few series to reach that level again but it looks like at least an attempt to recreate the 3-6 era. Rumbles is November is the magic month.

Comment

The make up on Kryten looks pretty bad, as does the cats hair.

I got a feeling this is gonna be pretty bad. I'm hoping I'm gonna be proved wrong.

Comment

The trailer seems to suggest that they're on the right track. I'm feeling surprisingly positive about it after watching it.

Comment

It didnt look too bad I guess but it looks like a nostalgia trip with references to past gags, I hope theres a decent plot propelling the series forward.

Comment

I'm guessing it will be picking up from BTE (which I guess is def RD9 now) and will be about Lister searching for Kochanski. Hope it does well and is half decent, it's impressive in itself that it exists and that the core cast is still intact 23 years later. Credit to them all, really gives the show heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X