No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is miles better than i could of imagined, im already laughing a fair bit, great stuff

Comment

Not bad at all so far. Could have been a lot worse. They're keeping it nice and contained and letting the old sitcom stuff work. Characters are a bit odd though, just because they are so much older and yet the lines are like they are for their younger selves. Craig Charles in particular has lost a lot of his energy - but it would have been weird for him to play it all the same way.

I have long forgotten where they are and what is happening though beyond the premise of the first season. Guess it doesn't really matter...

Comment

It's great. Utterly predictable and brainless fun!

Comment

Yep, I enjoyed that.

Comment

That was what Red Dwarf 7 should have been, hopefully the other 5 episodes are as good

Comment

It had a few good laughs, not a bad effort (series link on Sky is screwed though - it wants to record Red Dwarf IV now :/ )

Comment

Brilliant, really enjoyed that, was worried after that awful special but really hope it keeps up this pace.

Comment

Was there a Red Dwarf 8 or 9?

Comment

Was a very good episode, I had planned on waiting for the DVD release to watch the series in one sitting but glad I changed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Was there a Red Dwarf 8 or 9?
                      series 8

What is being called series 9

It's a shame given the reboot, that the original series 1 & 2 theme wasn't used.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 04-10-2012, 20:51.

Comment

Oh, they're calling that one 9? It kind of looked like they were ignoring that one in this. So... Holly. Did anything happen to Holly or is there an in-series reason Holly isn't here?

I've got the full DVD set, I really should watch them as I can't remember any of the later ones except for a vague memory of some of them

getting killed or ending up just a brain or something...

Comment

Oh, they're calling that one 9? It kind of looked like they were ignoring that one in this. So... Holly. Did anything happen to Holly or is there an in-series reason Holly isn't here?

I've got the full DVD set, I really should watch them as I can't remember any of the later ones except for a vague memory of some of them

getting killed or ending up just a brain or something...
                          Iirc they couldn't afford him for the special (RD9) so he pretty much told them to do one, I may be wrong though

Comment

Didn't really like this- a lot of the humour felt forced, like the moose joke and Rimmer's meltdowns. Bit of a mistake to air old episodes afterwards as the new one is always going to look poor by comparison, especially when there wasn't anything that could hold a candle to jokes like the Descartes/Popeye gag in Camille. Red Dwarf really needs Rob Grant back.

Comment

Not bad at all so far. Could have been a lot worse. They're keeping it nice and contained and letting the old sitcom stuff work. Characters are a bit odd though, just because they are so much older and yet the lines are like they are for their younger selves. Craig Charles in particular has lost a lot of his energy - but it would have been weird for him to play it all the same way.

I have long forgotten where they are and what is happening though beyond the premise of the first season. Guess it doesn't really matter...
                              This. I thought it was perfectly fine , certainly no worse than any other half decent dwarf episode

Comment

I thought it ok, though the canned laughter was quite poor.

Comment

Working...
                                X