Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear

Comment

I liked it and whether you liked it or not, you'll definitely watch the rest of the new episodes

Comment

ok-ish. The show needs the laugh track though, the timing gets lost.

Still not up to the best but better than the worst eps

Comment

I was never a fan of the show but it's always surprising just how much of a difference it makes when you remove the canned laughter.

Comment

Started out really bad but it did get better, I'll watch the rest.

Comment

Agree, I like the way they've tried to take it a bit old school too. I like the scutters the best.

Comment

Im sooooo sad they never explained the end of series 8, it just begins :

9 Years Later

9 years after what exactly?!?! What a cop out

Of course I'll watch the rest but I dont think this will prove popular enough to spawn series IX and onwards.

Comment

So many elements were right for me except the most important - I just didn't find it very funny.

Comment

i thought it was good bring on ep 2 and 3, its just a starter episode i expect 2 and 3 to be better ,

Comment

I enjoyed it, but I this should be watched like a film with all 3 episodes back to back like a full length film as those 30 minutes went pretty fast. All good though I thought. But as usual I expected the comments 'I'ts crap!' when I clicked on this thread.

Can't believe that someone was even already posting on a gaming forum after just ten minutes saying how crap it is. I mean come on! How critical can you be?

Comment

I can be as critical as I want, it was easy to make a judgment 10 mins in as they had lost the jokes as well the staged laughter, therefore any sense of timing was lost. As stated earlier I really wanted to like this but without any thought out continuity it just feels like a rip off. No doubt DVD sales will have gone through the roof during the build up but I feel let down.

Comment

It does get better after the 1st 10 minutes, In fact, during the 1st ten minutes we see Rimmer reading 'Astral Navigation for Idoits'
                          Well I thought it was funny
                          ....and Cat says thanks to Rimmer he couldn't get on the cover of 'Minger Monthly'

Comment

It's not hard to see why people are let down, after almost 10 years off screen, the quality was poor. Gunmen of the Apoc. was on right after, i laughed more times at that in the opening 3mins, then i did for the whole of Back to Earth.

It simply wasn't funny. As mentioned, all the elements were spot on, apart from the comedy. Highlight for me was the Innocent Whistle mode.

Comment

Not a bad start... I feel the two unanswered questions (where did Katerina come from, and how she didn't respond to Rimmer's question about how the ship could support two hard-light holograms at the same time) might be key to things. The diving bell section with Rimmer bopping away was classic though
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                                I can be as critical as I want, it was easy to make a judgment 10 mins in as they had lost the jokes as well the staged laughter, therefore any sense of timing was lost. As stated earlier I really wanted to like this but without any thought out continuity it just feels like a rip off. No doubt DVD sales will have gone through the roof during the build up but I feel let down.
                                Sure, be as critical as you like. You will be the one missing out on the new episodes.

For those who aren't as quick to judge as you found the latter half genuinely entertaining. I can fully understand watching the whole episode, but after only 8 minutes viewing is ridiculous. It's not like you have to wait for a movie length two hours untill you can make a reasonable opinion on how good it is.
                                Last edited by Malc; 10-04-2009, 22:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X