No announcement yet.

Pearl Jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We NEED an NTSC-UK Karaoke meet - get it sorted son!

Whats the track listing on that Seany?

Comment

It is this one here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-RADI...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

PLAYLIST:
        Even Flow - Pearl Jam
        Alive - Pearl Jam
        Go - Pearl Jam
        Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
        Daughter - Pearl Jam
        Hunger Strike - Pearl Jam
        Dissident - Pearl Jam
        Jeremy - Pearl Jam
        Breath - Pearl Jam
        Better Man - Pearl Jam
        Hail Hail - Pearl Jam
        Glorified G - Pearl Jam
        Black - Pearl Jam
        Elderly Woman Behind The Counter - Pearl Jam
        Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
        Animal - Pearl Jam
        Not For You - Pearl Jam
        Got ID - Pearl Jam

Impressive - would love to buss Hunger Srike with some skiny rocker scretching along side my Vedder vocal

You had anybody requesting them yet, or is it all Dirty Dancing and Grease?

Comment

I had a bloke do Jeremy, not a bad version either - but generally it is Dirty Dancing, grease, "I Will Survive", Robbie Williams and Oasis. Me, I normally go for a bit of PJ, Johnny Cash, or some old soul and r+b. After Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" so I can sing that one. Anyway, on topic folks sorry.

Saw PJ on their "No Code" tour, love em. Can't afford this tho

Comment

Finally got tickets to a PJ gig!

Can't wait to go, although I am seated at the back somewhere! Ten and Vs. are great albums, from then on I tend to love 2 or 3 tracks from every album with the other tracks being pretty average.

As for Karaoke, been playing most of those tunes on guitar for a few years, would like to get a pearl jam tribute together at some point but haven't got around to it.

Hope they play Crown of Thorns, love the performance of this on the Garden DVD along with Breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedG View Post
              Finally got tickets to a PJ gig!

Can't wait to go, although I am seated at the back somewhere! Ten and Vs. are great albums, from then on I tend to love 2 or 3 tracks from every album with the other tracks being pretty average.

As for Karaoke, been playing most of those tunes on guitar for a few years, would like to get a pearl jam tribute together at some point but haven't got around to it.

Hope they play Crown of Thorns, love the performance of this on the Garden DVD along with Breathe.
              You seen the easter egg of them playing Hunger Strike with whatsherface from Sleater Kinney? (sp) Its quite good, although she drops a few notes...

Comment

Originally posted by Pookmunki View Post
                You seen the easter egg of them playing Hunger Strike with whatsherface from Sleater Kinney? (sp) Its quite good, although she drops a few notes...
                No! How do you access that one?

Love that tune too, you heard much of Mad Season? Layne Staley Mike McCready et al? Really good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedG View Post
                  No! How do you access that one?

Love that tune too, you heard much of Mad Season? Layne Staley Mike McCready et al? Really good stuff.
                  The thing is, i really cant remember, i think you go to the main menu and skip back a track, depends on your dvd player, i could never get it to work on mine, yet my mums does it fine, have a search on Google maybe.

Mad season indeed were awesome, got the 'Live at the Moore' VHS, fantastic stuff, with Staley playing guitar

Comment

Done a bit of searching although not had chance to try it out...

"On the main menu screen of disk one, click on the setlist feature? scroll down to "Black" and hit the right button twice rapidly"

Will have try and find the Mad Season stuff, can;t beat a bit of Alice in Chains Unplugged either, although he was struggling at that point.

Comment

I think Alice in Chains never quite lived up their expectations. Obviously, this is to do with the drugs, but it's a shame. Screaming Trees were the up there with the best of them though, stunning tunes, lyrics and outstanding vocals. Top band.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                        I think Alice in Chains never quite lived up their expectations. Obviously, this is to do with the drugs, but it's a shame. Screaming Trees were the up there with the best of them though, stunning tunes, lyrics and outstanding vocals. Top band.
                        One of my faves ever. Best rock singing voice evar as well imo. Went to see them at the Reading Alleycat back in 1996 on the Dust tour, Seaweed (able Seattle hardcore unit, released a few decent Sup Pop albums) supported, great gig. Josh Homme toured with them as guitarist, gave me a pack of ciggies after the gig. Lanegan was so wasted they only played about 6 or 7 songs, but did "Shadow Of the Season", "All That I know", "Dollar Bill", "Nearly Lost You" and "Julie Paradise" - it is giving me goosebumps just thinking about it. He was like a skeleton hanging off the mic stand, but when he started to sing it was just this incredible, ethereal sound, it was almost impossible to comprehend that such an amazing, whiskey soaked baritone was emanating from such an emaciated figure. Got my copy of Dust signed by the band, thanks to Josh who took it upstairs to the dressing room. Lanners has put: "TO THE #1 FAN!" inside. At the same gig Gary Lee Conner fell over and looked like he really hurt himself, the crowd started chanting "you fat bastard" and judging by the evil look he gave and middle finger salutation, he didn't appreciate it.

Mark Lanegan is one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                          Mark Lanegan is one of my heroes.
                          I'm a fan too, 'Like Little Willie John' off Bubblegum gets daily play. He has such an amazing voice.

Comment

When I saw him recently he did "Skeletal History" off the ep released before Bubblegum, and I nearly shat. It sounded like the end of the world, especialy the bit at the end when he shouts "Come AWWWWN!" and "GOD-DAMN!".

Comment

Going to get some Pearl Jam lovin again next year!!! Dublin is a must!

PEARL JAM EUROPE 2010
                              DATE ************CITY ******************** VENUE
                              22-June * *******Dublin, Ireland ***********02 Arena
                              23-June * *******Belfast, Ireland ***********Odyssey Arena
                              25-June ********* London, England *******Hard Rock Calling Hyde Park
                              27-June ** ***** TBD ************************** TBD
                              30-June * ******* Berlin, Germany ******* Wuhlheide
                              1-July ** ********* TBD ************************** TBD
                              3-July ************* Arras, France ************ Main Square Festival
                              4-July ************* Werchter, Belgium ***** Rock Werchter Festival
                              6-July ** ********* TBD *************************** TBD ***
                              9-July ** ********* TBD *************************** TBD
                              10-July ********** Oeiras, Portugal ********* Optimus Alive Festival

* ****Pearl Jam headlining dates. Opening acts TBA.
                              ** ****Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced.

Comment

I will be there at the Hard Rock Calling. It will be my sixth time seeing the greatest band of all time!

Comment

Working...
                                X