Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took them effort to make it worse !

Comment

I know :P But they're never going to reissue it so you can either go down the HD-DVD route (which I can understand, if you're a fan) or deal with the blu. It's not diabolical, although I imagine if you're watching it via projector it'll be more of a big deal.

Comment

Ha ha ha, you must really scoff at me, Mike, I watch it on Ye Olde DVD

Comment

The Thing Prequel Gets a Start Date: Empire

It's been in the works for some time, but The Thing prequel finally has a start-of-shooting date, with production due to begin in Toronto in March and finish in June. Set on the Norweigan Antarctic base glimpsed in John Carpenter's original film, this will see a bunch of Scandinavians having a really bad day thanks to a flesh-eating alien mimic.
          No cast's been announced so far, but we do know that the director's Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., who's also been attached to Army of the Dead, the Las Vegas-set zombie movie. Presumably, however, this prequel has now overtaken that film (based on a Zack Snyder idea) on his To Do list. The script was written by Eric Heisserer, of the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, and Ronald D. Moore of TV's mighty Battlestar Galactica - so expect this to pull no punches.
          At the very least, this news has got to put today's cold weather in a better light. It may be freezing outside, but at least that keeps the aliens at bay, right?
          pfft...

Comment

Sounds like the prequel has some potential. It needs a cast of unknowns and a Carpenter-esque soundtrack too. The downside is that the original is fantastic and they cannot go down the same route with the plot. Which means it could end up a generic horror flick rather than offering the tension that the Carpenter film builds so effectively.

Comment

cgi=ruined film ....thought the original special effects i thought looked great

Comment

Oh my!

This is how it all begins, people!

With about 50m left to drill, time is running out for scientists drilling into a lake hidden deep below the Antarctic ice.

The sub-glacial lake is located underneath the remote Vostok station in Antarctica.
                Overlaid by nearly 4km of ice, it has been isolated from the rest of the world for millions of years. Some scientists think the ice cap above and at the edges has created a hydrostatic seal with the surface, preventing lake water from escaping or anything else from getting inside.
                And if the Russian team gets through to the pristine waters, they hope to encounter life forms that have never been seen.

Comment

Very cool, it's like the land that time forgot.

I hope they find Jetfire down there.

Comment

**** it, we are all going to die. For gods sake stop them...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Very cool, it's like the land that time forgot.

I hope they find Jetfire down there.
                      Transformers geek quote of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Transformers geek quote of the week!

Comment

Comment

If they **** this up I will **** them up. Probably.

Comment

The Thing from the perspective of the Thing - http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                The Thing from the perspective of the Thing - http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
                                That was cool until...

Noooooooooo! Childs is NOT the Thing at the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X