No announcement yet.

The King Of Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and for all who've seen King of Kong check out S11e09 of South Park 'More Crap', will seem a bit familiar

Comment

Excellent cheers RT !

Comment

Is this available to buy on DVD now? Still can't seem to track it down anywhere. A link me up would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Pavey View Post
          Oh. V annoying. Guess i didn't Google hard enough.

Did that manual turn up mate?
          Yeah it did. Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
            Is this available to buy on DVD now? Still can't seem to track it down anywhere. A link me up would be appreciated.
            Released in US in January according to Amazon.com

Comment

I watched this a couple of months back and really enjoyed it too. The only thing is apparently there is some very creative editing to make it as interesting as it is and that Billy is apparently no where near as nasty as he seems but who knows, its a cool film anyway.

Comment

I just finished watching this and absolutely loved it. I listened to a 1up podcast ages ago and they were saying how B Mitchell was made out to be a total c*unt and it wasn't true.

But how can someone walk past a competitive player and say "There's some people i don't wanna spend too much time with" and then parade round the arcade like the c*nt he truly is!

I felt real sorry for steve all the way through that and I wanted to punch the chicken **** B Mitchell.

Good stuff A gamer geeks heaven.

edit: Just saw the TG website and got sad

Comment

The only solace is can you imagine how hard Mitchell probably had to bust his eggs to top the score ? I bet he was stewing for months

I hope so anyway !!!

Comment

Is this available on DVD yet?

Comment

Brilliant stuff this, watched it over the weekend and found it utterly compelling viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        Is this available on DVD yet?
                        29th Jan for the US

Comment

what a brilliant documentary.

it finds a great human interest story in there and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to people who arent' interested in the subject matter. This to me isn't really a doc about videogaming, though I enjoyed that aspect of it.

Michael Moore may be a turd but at least he seems to have got people interested in making documentaries, I'll place this alongside the Enron one, Outfoxed, Spellbound and Al Gores' as a great example of the genre.

Comment

That's the problem though, despite it being a great doc about humans and how they react to each other people who don't like games won't watch it.

I know my girlfriend would love it but she's so stubborn when it comes to things like this. I swear it took me 3 years to get her to watch Lord Of The Rings, so in 5 years time BOOM! she'll be watching this

Comment

i know what you mean, guess we all do it to some extent.

the 'sport' they are competing over could be anything though, through excellent editing they kept the gaming aspect to a minimum to really focus on the story.

how many of us would have sought this out if it had been about flower arranging, cake baking or competitive line dancing ?

Comment

My Mrs had no interest in watching this when I stuck it on - picked up her book but within 10 minutes the book was down and she was rooting for Wiebe.

Just don't tell 'em what it is

Comment

Working...
                                X