No announcement yet.

The King Of Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just picked this up and watched it and i cant recommend it highly enough the bit where twin galaxy's really lose there creditability is when

billy sends over the very obviously fake tape with the glitching right in the exact spot where the score is and they all cant fall over themselves quick enough to put billys score back upit even says in the credits that the guy that checks the tapes left over the fun spot incident

the twin galaxies crowd really do come across as a complete bunch of pricks in this documentary and quite corrupt in the way they score things so take heart in the fact that billy was always going to be put back up there and it dosent really carry any real legitimacy while the score boards are run by the current team of muppets.

Comment

Yeah that film was startling. Sure some editing was involved to make people look a little worse than they are, but it makes the whole Twin Galaxies out to be a complete joke. They're the gaming equivalent of an in-breeding family.

Comment

Watched this last night - very good indeed

Must say that it's not a good advert for gamers though - there's only Steve Wiebe who seems to be what you'd consider normal.

Next time I boot-up the PC I'm going to have a go at it (DK) on MAME. Just remember it being ultra hardcore hard!!!!

Comment

Go for the Kill Screen!

Comment

I'm still waiting for PAL release, which is on 16th of June. Sounds like a interesting document.

Comment

Just remembered seeing the DVD in Gamestation today, thirteen quid I think it was.

Comment

Finally managed to watch this today, great stuff.
                the twin galaxies crowd really do come across as a complete bunch of pricks
                Very, very true!
                Thought what a decent bloke Steve Wiebe appears to come across as, the other hyper-spods scared the crap out of me. While Billy Mitchell (unfortunate name), looked like Sloth and Jesus' love child.
                My favourite quote is when that tit Mitchell responds '...well I'm not God'. Really Billy, you surprise me, I thought the alleged messiah would wear dodgy kipper ties, run a chicken sauce company and be married to a woman who looks like an old shoe leather, bloody hell.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

What about when Billy brings the missus to the arcade spends the whole time sneaking around? If I was that good at a game - so much so that my nemesis had to skirt around me just out of my cone of vision while I played - I'd be very pleased!

Really good film, and I agree it's a shame people will miss it because it's about games.

I dunno about you lot, but I during the credits I was already booting up DK on Mame

Comment

I did the next best thing after watching and put on smash brothers brawl! It really is a superb film, regardless of how accurate (or not) it is.

Comment

I've been trying to hunt down another movie they've made since King of Kong called Chasing Ghosts http://www.chasingghoststhemovie.com/

It doesnt appear to have seen a DVD release or anything

Comment

Steve Wiebe is going to try and retake the Donkey Kong crown at this year's E3.

Comment

Apologies for bumping what is close to a three year old thread, but if you still haven't seen this, it's available for streaming on the recently launched UK Netflix service.

First chance I've had to watch it, and it's definitely worth an hour or so of your time.

Comment

It's also on LoveFilm, but to stream it costs ?2.49.

Comment

No apologies necessary. The film is brilliant and deserves the exposure.

Comment

Great film, whats the latest on the record?

Comment

Working...
                                X