House M.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
    I would love to see House fall in love with a female (let say 13) and then Cuddy is trying to win him back.
    You jus' wanna punish the Cuddy really don't know

I too would secretly like to see the Cuddy suffer a bit Let the woman do the chasing for a change.........

gotta admit she is hot to trot for her age........ must be all that Yoga

from the look of things 13's health aint as good as it was looking to be.......... I wonder why Taub was so concerned over her? Could he be trying to move in on Foreman's territory? Im still baffled as to why Kutners had to kill himself so suddenly........ I know the real life actor wanted to move on to other things, but for his character to suddenly go kaput was kinda going off on a tangent.

I agree with this seasons finale being really good, I was on teh edge of my seat, and to have House admit him being wrong and explainging about his short comings to near the end took a lot for his character, as he is so stubbornly proud......... I still say the finale last season? where he had his halucinations was quality script writing, as you just didnt know if he was coming or going.........

Comment

Just watched it. It got me, I welled up a bit!

Can't believe the seasons over September seems so far away.

Comment

Sounds like House will definately be back for a Season 8 but it's looking shakey beyond that due to the slipping figures and impending rising costs.

Comment

The wife has been watching House for the last while. It's a hilarious show. These are awful, awful doctors. It takes six or so of them to misdiagnose ailments about 10 times an episode. What's more, every time they misdiagnose, they tell the patient that's what they have BEFORE they even test for it - telling some people they have Parkinsons or they're going to die. And then they turn out to be wrong.

The openings of each episode are gold. Someone gets an injury and then goes wobbly and blacks out or something. Oh, was it a pre-existing condition that was totally unrelated to the actual event? You betcha!

Then they talk to the patient and every single time you get a scene with them talking to the patient (without fail), a new symptom pops up out of nowhere. They'd diagnose these things much faster if they just walked in and out of the patient's room about ten times to trigger all those symptoms right at the start. Scene with the patient? Fast forward two minutes to the new symptom revelation.

Then House goes through an unrelated angry crisis in which he does stuff that's oh so bold (oh, that House!) and, towards the end of the episode, someone says something or he sees something that gives him that clue. Instead of, you know, him spending his time looking it up in a book or the internet or something.

It is so bizarrely formulaic.

Still, it has good characters so I can understand the draw but I am yet to see an episode that veers from the very fixed format. They should have called this show 'Awful, Awful Doctors'.

And in the US, do teams of doctors really go to the site of an illness like some sort of forensics team? Does that actually happen?

Comment

Since getting into the show I do quite enjoy it but I think when it comes to and end it'll slip into being forgotten about. It's a shame as they've never really gone fully with the possibilities of the show as its popularity has meant they've played it safe and stayed very formularic. For me they're unlikely to ever top the Season 4 finale eps which showed that they have some really good acting talent on board and it is capable of impressive levels of emotional drama. All these seasons in the show still seems to ride entirely on House-Cuttey-Wilson as well with everyone else being completely useless and dispensable.

Comment

I luv the interaction with the characters and harsh banter they have with one another, but I do admit that this season has been a bit random and less engaging for me as the viewer... House himself needs a new angle, slipping back on his pill popping adiction has been done to death... They should do something drastic, like have himgo to prison, then go to trial, or give him the Denny Crane syndrone and give him Mad Cow Disease or something... It is very samey this season... The introduction of this nerdy doctor on the team, is not fresh and she kind of grates as on me, being all goody two shoes... I really enjoyed the series that had House searching for another diagnostic team, that was a creative spin on the show...

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the show, but just not as much as I used to and would like to...

Comment

Yup, it's the characters that make the show worth watching much more than any of the medical elements.

The "new thing" for this season is the fact that Cuddy and House are in a romantic relationship together, which hadn't been done before. Even though it may be going back to old ground, you could argue that House going back on the Vicodin is realistic, as a lot of people who quit an addiction are likely to have a relapse.

I would say though that while it's still one of the best things on telly for me, the last few seasons seemed to have pushed the balance further toward the comedy aspects of the show rather than the dramatic aspects. It's not as intense dramatically as it was for the first 3 or 4 seasons. As I said though, still love it.

Comment

Olivia Wilde returns in the latest episode. Time for me to drool!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Olivia Wilde returns in the latest episode. Time for me to drool!
                    It was a great episode!! She looked amazing!!

Comment

She's already signed up for the next season as well

Comment

Who's seen it? I downloaded and watched as soon as I saw it released. I agree with the comments about the show being formulaic but I don't care, I love a flawed character and House is a great one. I don't think they're awful doctors though, remember we're seeing rare cases every week, it's not like a trip to the GP. I think going to patients houses, etc is House specific but a lot of US shows do this and have character acting out of their job description. The Good Wife does this, I just picked that out as I watched it most recently.

I think the show has moved out of it's box and done different things as well even if it does fall back in line but maybe thats on purpose and a comment on Houses's addiction? We had a new team, rehab, House/Cuddy and now

Prison, I assumed people know that but I spoilered it just incase. This first ep reminded me of the first of the rehab season and a whole year has gone by as well? I can't wait to see what life is like outside, I hope he gets outside I don't want a Prison only season with him being plucked out to advise on prison patients. I haven't looked up where I recognise the young doc from either, she looks very familiar. Oh, the scenes of House looking at his pills and being torn at whether to take them was very real as well, I could feel what he was thinking. I'm glad he got back at that old guy.

Last edited by stainboy; 04-10-2011, 12:26.

Comment

Will Fringe return for season five? Will there be a spin-off of Glee? Fox executives answered questions for reporters today.

Another hint that Season 8 will be the last one

Comment

Fox has officially confirmed that it’s cancelling veteran medical drama “House” which will end when its current eighth season wraps in May says TV By the Numbers. The network has made this announcement early which gives show runner David Shore a chance to give the series and its characters a proper ending. Due to various […]

It's official, House has been axed. The plus side is it's been done early so that the show can be given a proper ending.

Comment

Probably just as well; it used to be a brilliant show but it's become very tired. Season 7 was, on the whole, pretty average. Some of the characters in season 8 are just awful, and Foreman running Princeton-Plainsboro really doesn't make much sense - it's gotten to the point where I don't really care if I miss an episode. Definitely time to move on.

Comment

It needs to end with House blowing up Princeton Plainsboro while having a "thing" with 13 & Cameron. This could then all turn out to be a Vicodine fuelled hallucination and he's back in his office and the past 3 years haven't happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X