Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
    LOL. Or the old Duke Nukem line "Let god sort em out!"
    I remember that. It made me think of Duke in the cinema, i had a huge LOL.

Comment

Spaceship in Peru....?

BEWARE TEH 21.12.2012

Comment

Don't start spooking us up, we will go all paranoid!

Comment

Darabont's script (called Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods) has leaked on to the net now and seems to me on paper at least it would have made a better movie. This site nicely rounds up the key differences. Contains spoilers if you haven't seen Crystal Skull.

Comment

I haven't read Darabont's script but, even if it still contains the

nuke the fridge

bit, I bet it's still a million times better than the one they went with. Saying that, anyone could write a better script.

Indiana Jones and the Last of the Summer Wine

Indy, Sallah, Compo and Cleggy hurtle down hills in a tin bath for two hours.

The end.

Y'see, dead easy. My script didn't take nearly twenty years to write, and is instantly better because Sallah is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by PrayforMojo View Post
              Indiana Jones and the Last of the Summer Wine
              That is, without a doubt, the best title ever. If I had the time I'd knock together a movie poster, get it printed A1, and mount it at home.

I think that's AWESOME

Comment

Yeah, maybe next time. With the advent of CGI. No need for actors !

Comment

For those who have been looking to blame Lucas for what happened to Crystal Skull, AICN posted snippets from an interview that seem to me to be a water-tight confession - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37686

Comment

He should outsource his IP.

Comment

I have now seen this long after the Indy hype has died down.. and wish I hadn't.

It started to go wrong for me about 5 seconds after Jim Robinson turned up at the start and started banging on about Indy being some kind of war hero - I thought he was gonna start sucking his cock. Indiana Jones in my view should be a bit of a nerdy, geeky history buff when he's not out in the jungle swinging over spiky poles. The fill-in-the-blanks back story for this made him out to be Solid Snake.

I also don't think any of the scenes barring the University were actually shot in a real location, which really grated. The whole south american section of the movie (50%?) looked incredibly fake, particularly the cliff side chase. I couldn't lose myself in the action at all, and not because Ford is too old (although the character didn't seem the same, the one liners were too forced) - it just didn't look real.

LeBoeuf wasn't too bad but I HATED the way he picked up the hat at the end... they cannot continue the series with that character - culture vs nurture, he may have Indy's genes but what does he know about archaeology?

And the ending was just... no.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                        Well I cant be bothered going back and finding it, though i did just check out moviemistakes.com

Crystal skull has 68 listed mistakes so far, though only three of them are said to be plot holes.
                        My favourite glaring error was shortly after Indy had pointed a gun at the russians and shouted something like "Drop 'em or Colonel Spalko is dead!".. he is seen getting debriefed and can only identify her to the CIA/FBI bods as a woman who carried some kind of sword. Or was this another intentional 'Indy is old' joke and he's losing his memory lol

Comment

Sorry about the repeat posts, but I'm reading this thread for the first time, and can't help myself.

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
                          LOL. Or the old Duke Nukem line "Let god sort em out!"

That wasn't Duke Nukem!

I'm calling this as not OT as it relates to the Holy Grail myths . That was said during the Albigensian crusades in the 13th century when the Catholic Church massacred the Cathars at Montsegur. I read that when ordered to kill all the heretics, one brainy chap asked how to differentiate the Cathars from everyone else. He was told "Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" (thanks wikipedia) which basically translates to "Kill 'em all, let god sort em out."

Wiki page worth a read for anyone interested in Indiana Jones - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monts%C3%A9gur

Comment

I think its better after a second viewing but on the whole, it can't hold a candle to the real Indy films. 'Indiana Jones and Meet the Family' would've been a better title. The alien (extra dimensional) stuff was just silly, too.

Comment

It started on the slippery slope as soon as the comedy gophers appeared. There really should be some sort of United Nations pact to stop Lucas making films.

Comment

Watched it for the first time yesterday and thought it was alright. Lacking in any great action set pieces, apart from the bike chase at the university which was great imo. The gophers didn't piss me off, but that monkey swinging section was just terrible.

Also I liked the

shot of Indy in front of the Mushroom cloud and the bit with the ufo taking off.

Last edited by spagmasterswift; 19-01-2009, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X