Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Sun I think.

Comment

Have you seen The Victim Pinny ?. Awesome film by Sammo , also pedicab driver is Mega must. One of the best films I've ever seen , the fighting and stunts through out the entire film are brilliant .

Comment

I've got The Victim somewhere, unwatched!

Pedicab driver seems tough to get on dvd!

Comment

Return of the Master Killer (Return to the 36th Chamber) - classic shaw bros and the dub is great

Comment

I don't think Pedicab Driver has officially been released on DVD, might be wrong, but I recall that a few years back the only release was the Panmedia bootleg captured from the old Made In Hong Kong VHS.

evilthecat-That is a classic but personally I prefer the third in the series, Disciples Of The 36th Chamber.

BTW The original 36th Chamber was shown on the channel Dave about a week ago I think.

Comment

Those facts are hard to bear. It's criminal that in all of these years of dvds there's classics like Pedicab unreleased.

http://www.kungfumovies.net/16602.html What the hell is this? An unreleased mock-up?

And the 36th Chamber on Dave thing ... sob. How could I miss that? Frankly, I'm disgusted in myself. I must have flicked through that channel every night over the last fortnight.

Comment

Nah, it's just a tinkered-with version of Encounters of the Spooky Kind:

I've finally seen New Police Story. Not sure why I waited so long to watch it as it's really good. Jackie Chan's character really goes through the mill and he really gets to flex his acting chops. I really enjoyed it - there's some great fights and another thrilling bus sequence.

Also got around to watching Legendary Assassin, starring Wu Jing. it's co-directed by him and former Jackie Chan Stunt Team member, Nicky Li. There's some great sequences, but the wire-work isn't quite right as you can tell when they're being used. However, there's a fantastic end fight which reminded me of The Matrix series. It'd make a great scrolling fighter if it was a game!

Comment

just picked up a copy of shaolin soccer for 2.99 from blockies. classic. and dug out 2 of my old vhs tapes. king boxer, first video i ever bought and the last dragon, 80's american cheese but you gotta love that shogun of harlem

Comment

Just got my new copy of Buddhist Fist, luckily it's the out of print Tai Seng original, so I consider it an upgrade from my old bootleg version.

It cost practically 30 quid so a bit steep, I'm gonna be careful with how much I spend from now on. I just had to have it though. Gonna watch it tonight.

Comment

This is the dvd I have.
                      Going to try and fit two films in tomorrow night

Comment

Yeah that's the boot of the Tai Seng disc by the infamous Stiller. Can't complain with the price you got it at, but I just had to have the Tai Seng release although there's no real difference between them.

Comment

Just read an article about Red Sun bootlegs - wowzers!

Comment

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...n_Blu-ray/3899

Comment

But all Kung fu films should look like they're filmed in a snowstorm!

I don't have a blu-ray player but if I did, this would be a release to nab.

Comment

Survival of the Dragon, aka, Thunder Kick

Starring Larry Lee, Sonny Yuen, Bolo Yeung, and Mars.

Early/mid seventies basher film about a persecuted man who befriends a young kung fu master after he helps to protect his mother from a gang of thugs. The man returns to his town and gets murdered by three brothers who own the region's gambling, drugs and prostitution rackets. The master goes to the town, tracks the movements of the evil brothers, then hoofs the crap out of them.

I liked this film. It was a cheapy on amazon, just a couple of quid. The dubbing is competently understated, and the print quality variable but never unwatchable. I enjoyed the nature of the story - the fact that the main character is a master from the get-go and doesn't have to learn from a white haired old bloke to beat the three villians was a pleasant change from stuff watched recently. The story ticked along nicely, with the persecuted man's failure to ask the master for help, due to not wanting him to get dragged into his affairs, costing him dearly. Larry Lee is a competent martial artist, using a variety of kicks and punches, and even batons, to make his point. For an early seventies film, it has a no frills quality about it that, once you get to grips with it, can make for an entertaining little film.

Good to see so many future stars in smaller roles. Hsu Hsia (King of Bamboo in Drunken Master), Lau Kar-Wing (Old Fox in Knockabout), James Nam, Bolo Yeung and Wong Pau-Gei (Action Director on Killer Constable).

Not a classic or an earth shaker, but enjoyable.

Pennies well spent.
                                Last edited by prinnysquad; 11-12-2009, 10:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X