No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prinny, I've been skipping through some older films, lately, thought you might enjoy the choreo. Nothing specific but the vibe, and some old swordplay films. There was a film, I think the name is Zen Master 6, not sure, that Yuen Biao choreo'd. Filmed later but very, very old school feel.

Comment

The restoration work on Ring of Fury is seriously impressive. Need to watch that right through one night. Thanks for the tip Prinny.

Comment

As above message, full film on youtube too, by a very dodgy channel.

Some of you would like the fights and training, I think. I had it a few years back and probably mentioned it here.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          Prinny, I've been skipping through some older films, lately, thought you might enjoy the choreo. Nothing specific but the vibe, and some old swordplay films. There was a film, I think the name is Zen Master 6, not sure, that Yuen Biao choreo'd. Filmed later but very, very old school feel.
          I don’t think I’ve seen that. Nice tip! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            The restoration work on Ring of Fury is seriously impressive. Need to watch that right through one night. Thanks for the tip Prinny.
            Supposedly it’s terrible. But ‘good’ terrible.

Amazing how the existence of a film from the 1970s was hanging by a thread. You’d expect that from the 1920s, but the 70s?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              I don’t think I’ve seen that. Nice tip! Thanks!
              Just look at the clip above, insane wushu in a temple, plus another showdown. Pretty underrated.

Comment

I watched "Dolemite is my name" the other day staring Eddie Murphy. Does that count as a Kung Fu movie?
                It does feature Kung Fu, sort of
                Last edited by Yakumo; 19-05-2020, 00:02.

Comment

Wow you're in the kung fu thread, shouldn't you be showing some rare Saturn beta with a kung fu intro? Wasn't Dolemite mainly using Karate in his films? Only joking.

Comment

Many have entered the thread and 'diasppeared'. Something to do with arrows, ninjas in the elements, and prinny's torture methods. I don't know about it but QC quickly mentioned something. I hope the tales aren't true. I mean there's a lot of names at the start of this thread that vanished 'poof', is QC using them as slave labour? Or turning them into gourmet burgers? They probably got buggered, which is the saddest part.

Comment

All are welcome in the grounds of the temple. They can train and learn the sacred knowledge.

Only a few can graduate the 36th chamber.

Comment

Wow you're in the kung fu thread, shouldn't you be showing some rare Saturn beta with a kung fu intro? Wasn't Dolemite mainly using Karate in his films? Only joking.
                        let me have a rummage through the collection.

Comment

Any Shenmue, early Tekken, Shinobi accepted . Or Spartan / Kung Fu Master.

Comment

is QC using them as slave labour? Or turning them into gourmet burgers? They probably got buggered, which is the saddest part.
                            I was about to like the post until the last part!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I was about to like the post until the last part!
                              See above, arrows and five element ninjas (have you seen what they do?). You weren't implied in that at all, it just rhymes with burgers...

Comment

Ha! Five Element Ninjas is on Netflix! First time I'd seen it.

Comment

Working...
                                X