No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet will do, i remember as a kid being bought this 3 vhs box set with city hunt- one of my favs, master with cracked fingers - with Sam See (not sure of spelling) the guy who plays JC trainer in drunken master and the bargain of the bunch - Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu!

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

produced by Lo Wei - CURSE YOU LO WEI!

Comment

I don't think you're thread skanker, Prin - I just know your ancient Gung-Fu style is obsolete - My Tiger Claw will best your Shaolin monkey style!

Translation: I like some of the old ropey films too, but prefer more modern takes on the genre.

Comment

Damn You Lousy Guy! Buddha bless you...

That Silver Fox film last night was full of "****"s, "bastard"s, and "bbbwwwwwahahahahahahahhaha" evil laughs. LOL. Goddamn you!

goldmouth - Sam Seed's real name is Simon Yuen, not really sure why he's called Sam Seed so much - something to do with marketability for films he's only in for 5 minutes, I suspect.
        NINJA BASTARD starring SAM SEED (pic on cover), disclaimer: cover is for promotional purposes only and may not reflect the final contents of the film.

Comment

i justed watched game of death 2! thats right, the sequel to a film that wasnt even finished!
          And i s**t you not, there is a guy with a Bruce Lee cut out mask and he talks through a cut out mouth piece, can cinema get and y better!?

prinny - thanks for the info, that guys amazing the character he plays in Drunken master is a popular character though right? So Hei or sumin, cos JC dad in the first one is Wong Fei Hung - who i think hold the record for the most films made about the same guy, but that could be fraf.

heh heh heh, mad kung fu

Comment

The new Yuen Woo Ping movie True Legend is about the Sam Seed character Beggar Su/So. Looks pretty good too.
            Last edited by megatron; 16-04-2010, 21:32.

Comment

Check this out! Comedy!

10 Shaolin Disciples, one of the end fights. The whole sequence, lasting about 15-20 mins, is superb. Kudos to VP for the upload (from my disc, lol).

Comment

Sweet! Gotta get me one of them kung-fu chairs!

Comment

Where do you lot source your movies from? A mate of mines dad worked as a distributor and used to copy them all onto vhs, this was back in the day. That how i got into all the old school ones. but these days i dont see many on the highstreet.

Comment

Check out page 10 of this thread, dude.

Comment

ive been off work for the past couple of days so thats exactly what ive been doing, whoever suggested 5 elemental ninjas & 8 diagram pole fighter if a king legend!

forgive any repeated questions, i got a bit over excited when i found a kung fu thread.

Comment

Eight Diagram is probably my favourite kung fu film to date.

Comment

tis good but i only got to watch half of it because the subs stopped working just before the comeback fight seen, still super keen though.

The shaw Bro's sure did pump out classics

Comment

I need to get around to watching that at some point. It always gets good reviews.

I've started watching In The Line of Duty yesterday.

It's directed by Yuen Woo-Ping, who also did the fight choreography. It stars Cynthia Khan, Donnie Yen, Michael Wong and the director's brother, Yat Chor Yuen (nice nepotism!).

I've not seen it all yet, but there's so much action, it's melting my face!

Seriously, every time it changes scene, there's another fight or shoot out. All good stuff too, I'm loving it!

Donnie Yen's fairly young in it, but then he was nearly 50 when he played a teenager in Dragon Tiger Gate. .

Re-watched Meals on Wheels with the commentary on and saw the outtakes, but there's loads more to see on the 2nd disc.

I read a nice interview with Keith Vitali in the "More 100% Jackie Chan" book and he tells a few anecdotes about the filming of WoM including how he knocked out Sammo in the spear fight and how every time JC hit Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, after the take, Benny would just smile - he's an indestructible machine!

Can't wait to see their re-match in Dragons Forever.

Comment

I dont rate the benny Vs JC fight in Dragons forever as much as WoM, the choreography of that fight in wheels is really nice to watch, very fluid.

Have you seen Benny "The Jet" Urquidez fight before? ive heard he is just that "indestructible", he is the literal definition of "SMASHING IT'

Ive got The Leg Fighter lined up for this eve

Comment

Benny claims he's never lost a fight, but there's footage of him losing.

Even so, he's got an amazing track record and everybody seemed to be a little scared of him on the set of Wheels on Meals!

Comment

Working...
                                X