Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Fighting yesterday.

Meh.

Channing Tatum fights a few people in an underground fighting ring.

It's not really Martial Arts, so don't get tricked into thinking it is. There's 3 proper fights, which are tense beforehand, but soon descend into shaky-cam wrestling tustles.

Best thing was the tagline "Fighting in cinemas now!". "I'm not going in there then!"

Comment

Originally posted by goldmouth View Post
      those sound like good films, i really like all the crazy attacks that the fighters have, i watched Snake in Eagles Shadow the other day and at the end all JC movies are accompanied but the sound of cats fighting!

Havent seen Iron monkey though, at least not that one, am i right in saying thats the one released in the 70's and not directed by Yuen Woo-ping?
      Yep the 70s one. Snake in the Eagles Shadow is one of my old time faves, super stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Best thing was the tagline "Fighting in cinemas now!". "I'm not going in there then!"
        haha yer i like tag lines like that, a mate of mine sent me a foreign poster for the new clash of the titans movie: "CLASH OF THE TITANS - WHEN TITANS CLASH"
        thats not a tag line! thats the tittle of the movie backwards!

Last night i had an epic fail, i signed up to lovefilm for free movie goodness, thought i'de treat myself by renting Disciples of the 36th chamber of shaolin but must have hit the wrong button because i got sent Wu Tang clan live in concert....(insert phrase of mild annoyance)

Comment

This any use to you, Prinnysquad?

Comment

lol superb. I think it may indeed!

Comment

watched snuff bottle connection last night, i didnt really enjoy it. which was unexpected. maybe ill give it a couple of days then try again.

Anybody seen True Legend yet?

Comment

Oh man, Snuff Bottle Connection is great. Two superkickers and a story featuring dodgy Russians! Yuen Woo Ping and Hsu Hsia as action choreographers! Mind, I watched it on a Friday evening eating a fry-up and drinking beers, so I was in a very good mood to start with.

This is an interesting review, and reads far lower than its rating. I totally disagree about the end fight. I thought it gave HJL an opportunity to shine as an all round martial artist. I also think there's too much of a comparison with what came after, and what stuff like DM and SITES did better. Of course they did it better. The reviewer acknowledges that SBC was very much a development curve. It's like cussing early talkies by comparing them to the sprawling narratives and dialogues of a film noir like Double Indemnity. It is what it is, it obviously isn't going to be better than later stuff, when all concerned were honing their craft.

Comment

just watched ip man 2 tonight. not as good as the first one as the nothing new technique wise was introduced and it some how reminded me of jet li's fearless towards the end. Despite such, the samo v donnie part was oh-so-worth-it!!!

fans of the first film will not be disappointed!

Comment

where did you get that little gem from pray tell! imdb says it was released today in Australia?

im very intrigued!

Comment

Sounds like he's been riding the virtual rapids!

Comment

mother f**cker...

smashed it.

Comment

Originally posted by goldmouth View Post
                          where did you get that little gem from pray tell! imdb says it was released today in Australia?

im very intrigued!
                          im currently based in Hong Kong so I just went down to my local cinema =D

Comment

jammy sod!!!

Comment

i repeat, MOTHER F**CKER. The first one has only just been released this side of the pond...

Comment

Watched a cheapy Korean kung fu tonight, Master Chow with high kicker Yoo Suk Kok and swordsman Jimmy Wang.

Comment

Working...
                                X