Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great collections there chaps.

What is Miracles like? Always fancied it.

I think I would win the 'who has the most vengeance video/rarescope releases?' competition though

Comment

good collection No.9! You've obviously got good taste

I'm p*ssed I never got the Woo films they released - mainly 'cos I had some that I bought in HK but still I reckon the HKL editions would've received the best treatment.

I was pretty sure I saw the HKL logo on my Seven Swords..I must've been mistaken.

I was going to start collecting the all of the Shaw Brothers collection but man they were hard to get hold of when I was living in the UK - am actually glad I didn't really start I'd be a LOT poorer today!

Comment

Not sure if any of you have Sky, but it looks like there's a load of Kung-Fu flicks with their online player. They're about £2.50 a pop, but they've got titles like:
        Dreadnaught
        Wheels on Meals
        Prodigal Son
        Dragon Lord
        My Lucky Stars
        Knockabout
        Eastern Condors

...and so on.

Comment

Celestial's Shaw Bros region 3 stuff is excellent, but quite pricey on yesasia.

Comment

saw Fist Of The Red Dragon aka Heroes Among Heroes the other day, a 90s Woo Ping flick starring Donnie Yen. The first half was quite slow but the last 40 minutes made up for that. I'm surprised I hadn't come across this film before. Definitely not Woo Ping or Yen's best work together but it was still a good watch. Donnie plays Beggar So's (aka Sam Seed) god son and Wong Fei Hung also appears played by someone I didn't recognise.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              What is Miracles like? Always fancied it.
              Its not great, but the choreography is good, whos that little white guy who moves his legs twice the speed of light?

Watched me Battle of wits the other day, Andy Lau doing his thang.....um not great, kept me amused i guess.

But i saw Tru Legend which was worth a watch! its all over yesasia at the mo. I do find alot of the newer moves of this genre a little week in the story line but this really wasnt bad, nicely choreography as well. Worth a watch for sure!

Comment

Recent watches...

Five Fingers of Steel

Mantis Fist and Tiger Claws of Shaolin

The Elimination Pursuit

Thundering Mantis

The last one had an eye opening ending!!! Beardy goes ape!

Comment

Yeah, can never forget the ending of Thundering Mantis, it's kind of infamous.

Comment

It is quite tremendous. Some of the reviews on the amazons are ludicrously off the mark. Many people seem to have completely misread the tone and failed to appreciate the style. All this rubbish about the martial arts being poor. It's high calibre shapes, which is a different kettle of fish to high paced bashers.

Beardy snarling and spitting, in a totally insane fury - what a sight! Also liked the slow-mo jump off that bridge that he and the kid nailed.

Comment

Along Comes A Tiger

Don Wong - playing a mute hero out for vengeance - takes out the leaders of a clan that murdered his father. He has befriended a young tyke who tries to instill morality into his quest, and attracted the attention of a mysterious expert who has taken an interest in his goal.

A low key film, with old skool, early-70s type fights, and some shapes, so a nice mix. The film has a steady pace and decent perforrmances all round. An enjoyable ending.

Comment

Never seen that...

I wish someone would remaster the Buddhist Fist someday, it just has to happen.

Someone posted on KFC forums that he was going to release some John Liu films but didn't give any details, this was a few months agol. There's a couple of his films I'd love to see released anytime soon.

Comment

Which ones were you thinking of?

Comment

Mainly Zen Kwan Do Strikes In Paris. I saw one of the fights on youtube ages ago and it was probably the best kicking I've ever seen from John Liu. Couldn't find that clip but did find the trailer:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Cool. I know someone who's got that, but I've no idea about the condition of the print.

Comment

I've seen it for sale on some bootleg sites but I don't really trust them.

It seems to be Liu's best kicking based on all the other films of his I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X