No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some genuine funny moments, the finger training, the steroids (I think...), also some funny-ish pervy stuff going on. The ending of Sakura Killers is crazy, I lost my disc , for trashy but great ninja stuff.

Comment

Every kung fu I've watched lately seems to have had a load of shunting going on. Is this film the one where there's a long scene full of tits and moans? I remember we were watching it and I was pissing myself laughing at the sounds drifting into other rooms; it sounded like a MILFRAGGER special edition dvd.

Comment

This is the one where the villain (Long?) drains energy from naked women, the henchmen (hiding and) watching get a bit excited and umm.... one of them touches his friend. Bit like the Greatest Ever Byker Grove clip QC posted.

Comment

Oh yes! Truly bizarre film, with personality plus.

Well, no Friday film this week, so I'll have to choose something to watch this weekend instead.
          Shaw?
          Indie?
          Basher?
          Shapes?
          Swordplay?
          Modern?

I have no idea!

Comment

I have to say go for Enter The Fat Dragon. It's not a perfect film but after all the clones it is hilarious at times. If you want a bit of a laugh it's the perfect film for late night viewing. For slightly more serious fare, go for Kid With the Golden Arm followed by Masked Avengers. There's loads more I could suggest and I've been meaning to watch What Price Survival for two weeks now but I know it's quite dark and I haven't been in the mood.

Comment

Okay, I'll get them on standby.

Of course, you do realise that I'll probably end up watching something like The Dragon's Infernal Showdown?

Comment

Well, I usually end up watching an 80s b-movie or something worse, so I won't hold it against you.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Sure is, Fader! He should have settled with the first take as now he has a hole in his head and limited hearing in one ear.

He took a month to recover and that's why his hair is a different length in the rest of the film.

I watched my HKL version the other day too. Still in my top 5 easily!
                  I remember years back on SM:TV where Jackie did an interview with Cat Deeley (must have been promoting Around the World in 80 Days) and he showed the head injury a little bit lol.

Am I showing my lack of kung-fu knowledge by saying my favourite Chan movie is Rumble in the Bronx?

Comment

Yes. everyone knows Drunken Master 2 is Chans best movie hehe

(Just kidding, I'm not a massive fan of it myself although theres some mad technical skills on show . . . .)

Comment

It's good but not the best ever like it's made out to be, DM2, plus Jackie screwed over Lau Kar Leung, which is just wrong.

Comment

Wu Xia - Donnie Yen in a History of Violence via China with CSI style investigations. Very unique to say the least. Jimmy Wang and Kara Hui are in it for those old skool Shaw fans.

Comment

Thanks megatron, I had no idea Kara Hui was in it. Must watch, now.

Comment

Megatron, you don't post in this thread enough! You've seen most the classics and you must have seen some of the ones we've mentioned?

As for Wu Xia, I heard it's got a bit of a crazy ending which ruins it a bit. Is that a fair assumption? Worth seeing though?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                              Thanks megatron, I had no idea Kara Hui was in it. Must watch, now.
                              Not a big role but she has a decent fight scene with Don Don.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Megatron, you don't post in this thread enough! You've seen most the classics and you must have seen some of the ones we've mentioned?

As for Wu Xia, I heard it's got a bit of a crazy ending which ruins it a bit. Is that a fair assumption? Worth seeing though?
                              Not really crazy. I guess it was a homage to a certain classic Jimmy Wang film though. Well worth watching, especially for the CSI fight scene breakdowns.

Comment

He's smoking the megatron fags, leaning back in a chair like Chow Yun Fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X