No announcement yet.

Oink shut down by the IFPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must have different taste in music than I do, matey. No bugger touched my seeds.

Comment

We need more Oink nostalgia!

Does anyone remember the song given away on pink flexi-vinyl?

"It goes poom-poom tickle-tickle pop-pop oink,
      and things don't feel so bad."

Comment

Real issue exposed. Anephric listens to cack.

Comment

anephric listens to dodgy Wax Trax-era bands like Mussolini Dropkick that no other fecker likes, apparently.

Comment

Well someone must have done to seed it to you, youre not alone! well, now you are.

Comment

The good boys over at PirateBay are bringing back Oink, but this time as a public site, and naming it Boink

When will the IFPI learn that sharing is caring?

Comment

"British and Dutch police have shut down a "widely-used" source of illegally-downloaded music."

"British and Dutch police have shut down a "widely-used" signpost site to music available to grab from random people's PCs." - fixed. Although I'd prefer people actually pay for their music, I hate it when the media insinuates that these sites actually have the content on them ready for download.

Comment

They also (I believe) insinuated that it was a pay site, which it wasn't.

You COULD donate, but you didn't have to.

Same as this site in that respect, you CAN donate, but you don't have to!

NTSC is a pay site

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi View Post
                    The good boys over at PirateBay are bringing back Oink, but this time as a public site, and naming it Boink

When will the IFPI learn that sharing is caring?
                    TPB are not bringing it back, none of the OiNK staffers are involved with BOiNK, it's basically just going to be a pink version of TPB, so it will be nothing like OiNK anyway. The reason OiNK worked was because not only was it a private tracker, but it was the strictest one, having yet another public tracker means it will just be flooded with duplicates of badly seeded transcodes.

Comment

There's some good commentary on this here and here, not just about OiNK but the state of the music industry in general also.

Comment

Yeah, so.. is anyone on Waffles?

Comment

Both the wannabe OiNK replacements Waffles & What are down 99% of the time anyway; they're both currently a waste of time.

Comment

Harsh - problems getting things off the ground are hardly surprising. I'm glad someone is trying.

Comment

Yeah it's nice to see someone trying, but with the flood of ex-OiNKers looking for somewhere to jump to, this was always destined to happen. Plus, if they spent less time bitching about each other and more time coding their sites, they might have less problems.

Comment

Demonoid got executed the other day too.

Comment

Working...
                                X