Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard: Degeneration (New CGI Resi film)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This same trailer is on the Blu-Ray disc of Extinction. It's like 15 seconds long.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
      This same trailer is on the Blu-Ray disc of Extinction. It's like 15 seconds long.
      yet it still manages to be better than any of the 3 Resident evil films!

Comment

Ooh touche. I agree with the 3rd movie, it really had no character development for any of them. I mean Claire could be understood as she has a history in the games, but to non game players they wouldnt know who she is.

I think the only character development we got besides Milla Ho-vovich was for K-Mart. "Oh they found me in a K-mart, all my friends are dead so thats why I'm called that". Wow, I mean wow. They really made effort there :P

Also, why do they have to have pretty much every character in the movie be a smoker. I mean, not there's a problem with them, but everyone smoked in the 3rd movie and Jill in the 2nd. Don't remember Jill or Claire smoking ever in the games, or mentioning it. Just a little gripe I had.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
          Ooh touche. I agree with the 3rd movie, it really had no character development for any of them. I mean Claire could be understood as she has a history in the games, but to non game players they wouldnt know who she is.

I think the only character development we got besides Milla Ho-vovich was for K-Mart. "Oh they found me in a K-mart, all my friends are dead so thats why I'm called that". Wow, I mean wow. They really made effort there :P

Also, why do they have to have pretty much every character in the movie be a smoker. I mean, not there's a problem with them, but everyone smoked in the 3rd movie and Jill in the 2nd. Don't remember Jill or Claire smoking ever in the games, or mentioning it. Just a little gripe I had.
          nemesis = cyborg/android that turns good in the end - Final straw that made me hate the movie

Comment

Better quality versions now out

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29306.html (HD)

This has the potential to be so good.

Comment

It looks superb, this is the way they should have made the other RE movies. The live action ones never interested me, this one really does.

I would have liked it even more if it had been based on the original dark haunted house RE4 (the one that got scrapped). The trailers of that had me really intrigued but know that story will never be told.
              Last edited by Shoju; 03-01-2008, 22:02.

Comment

Looks ace. Speaking of Extinction, is it actually any good? I enjoyed the first RE movie and thought the second one was alright.. Worth a watch?

Comment

Is this Japanese or US made?

Comment

There's no specific mention of anyone but it appears that it's Japanese - the press release says it's being produced by a Japanese subsidiary of Sony Pictures.

Comment

Well wherever it's from it looks maximum awesomeness.

Comment

New trailer, looks sweeeeeeet!

I love the bit where Claire winks at Leon as the elevator door closes.

Comment

Why couldnt they have done the previous movies like this?!

I thought the first movie was okay-ish, as films go, but quite horrible as a Resident Evil movie. The other two movies though were just, well... why did they even bother. If i was behind those movies, despite the money being thrown at me, i would have felt a soul-wrenchingly aching pain in my heart.

This looks promising though, very much so. Cannot wait to see where this goes... Don't suppose there's any info on releases? Cinema or DVD only?
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

It's due some time this year - I think it's getting a DVD / Blu-Ray release only over here.

Have to admit that I was slightly disappointed with everything other than Claire and Leon. The random humans look a bit... well, basic. It reminded me a lot of the games pre-rendered cut scenes from the Dreamcast / PS2 days. That said, that'll automatically make it a crap tonne better than the films so I'm looking forward to it.

That last shot didn't half look a lot like

Comment

After the new trailer I suspect this will be dire, but it has a good chance of achieving cult status if it contains authentic RE-style dialogue and acting

Comment

I have to admit that having re-watched the trailers i'm feeling a little less excited... I think maybe the whole idea of a CGI RE movie took center fous and left my actual mind behind...

Thinking a little more clearly: It reminds me strongly of the recent (well, recent-ish) Final Fantasy Advent Children movie and I fear it may go the same road... That effort was incredibly beautiful to look at, god i remember first seeing those trailers... and yet when it came to it i found it lacked any sort of soul. I remember hearing a painful 'i told you so' from somewhere within my mind upon seeing that, 'i told you i looked too good to be true'. I think i placed chop-sticks in my eyes to make sure I saw the end...

This however, i hope, shows more potential. I still think this newest trailer looks ten times better then the live action movie (which isnt too hard i suppose) so in that regards i'm still positively excited. Here's hoping it offers something more then simply a lustful offering for fans.

(tho i must admit i would probably be happy with that! God i'm so confused)
                                Last edited by Adam Stone; 26-07-2008, 22:23.
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X