Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard: Degeneration (New CGI Resi film)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
    Here's hoping it offers something more then simply a lustful offering for fans.
    Nope, that will be enough for me!!

I can't wait for this. I personally thought that FFVII Advent Children was wonderful (and I've never finished the game (though I know the basics from watching my missus play it and was fairly familiar with most of the characters) so it's not like I got caught up in the "OMG Final Fantasy is teh sexy and roxxors my boxxors" or anything like that. I just thought it was stunning to look at and a lot of fun to watch.

This on the other hand has the potential to make my head explode. Of all the classic Resi games 2 is most definitely my favourite so putting Claire and Leon together again in a 90 minute movie is pretty close to Nirvana for me. Noticed a few cheesy lines of dialogue creeping in so looks like Capcom are trying to tick all the right boxes

With regards to Advent Children (slightly OT) anybody know when FFVII AC Complete is due out on Blu-ray. The trailer has been doing the rounds since something like September last year but I can't find anywhere with a concrete release date.

Comment

Japanese site is up with new pics and that

Comment

Dunno if it's just the mix on that trailer but the voice audio =

Comment

Just me that thinks the script is a little dodgy? Looks nice though.

Comment

Script does sound a bit dodgy even for Resi, but overall I'm positive, it's still very 'Resi', which is more than I can say about that Hollywood rubbish. Seems to have a very RE3/Outbreak feel to it too, which is fine.

Is this canon to the main story?

Comment

It would be nice to think it was, unlike those 3 godawful live action films. I really tried to enjoy them but its too much to ask of a Resident Evil Fan, just crap! How does the director of Highlander go on to make Resident Evil: Extinction??....

Comment

There's a review of it here. Sounds like it's pretty awful.
                Last edited by NekoFever; 12-10-2008, 22:08.

Comment

Is it me, or are the human characters less convincing than those in that first FF film way back?

also the trailer loses points for narrowly avoiding "it remains a secret to everybody"

Comment

That Wired article makes it sound like a total plane wreck (see what I did there).

Comment

First 11 minutes of the film.

Click to view Above, the first eight minutes of the upcoming Resident Evil CGI feature film, Degeneration. You'll get eight minutes of backstory and build-up, along with a certain...understanding. See, at TGS, they had this running right next to Resident Evil 5, on a big screen. And Resident Evil 5 looked better. A lot…

Looks okay, nothing mind blowing.
                      Last edited by Kit; 12-11-2008, 16:00.

Comment

I liked the first two 'Hollywood' films

Comment

There’s not a single emoticon on here to express how shocked I am by what you just said.

Edit:
                          Last edited by Kit; 12-11-2008, 22:19.

Comment

Ah get over it - they're just films and there's no reason to get so shocked about the whole thing! I like all different kinds of films and just enjoy them for what they are. Who cares if the story is a bit woolly or if some of the cast couldn't act their way out of a wet paper bag, it is still possible to be entertained. I'm certainly not saying they're the best films ever but I'm quite happy to enjoy them all the same. Don't take it all so seriously!

Comment

Sorry Dan, I didn’t mean to sound condescending but you saw the fight scene with Nemesis right?

Don’t get me wrong I love cheesy movies (Commando sits proudly in my collection) but stuff like the above is just plain bad.

Comment

I've made it no secret that I really liked the first one but I just couldn't stomach Nemesis at all. I've yet to watch Extinction but it's on Sky this Saturday so may be tempted to sit through it.

As for Degeneration, having watched the red band clip on IGN and the 8 min preview I'm still not sure what to make of it. Some dodgy animation and terrible voice acting makes me wonder if I could stomach a whole 60 minutes of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X