Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard: Degeneration (New CGI Resi film)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Sorry Dan, I didn?t mean to sound condescending but you saw the fight scene with Nemesis right?

Don?t get me wrong I love cheesy movies (Commando sits proudly in my collection) but stuff like the above is just plain bad.
    Ah well, as far as a bit of brainless entertainment goes it's alright in my book - if I had a choice between watching the resi films or Commando, I'd plump for Commando, but I can still enjoy them regardless - crap films can be fun too

Comment

I just watched this. Pretty much what I expected, extremely cheesy and cliché, about as scary as buttering toast. It was loyal to the games though, which was nice.

Surprised they got away with the plane scene right at the start. I imagine that will get a lot of complaints.

Comment

Faithful but dreadful.

Didn't expect much but I really struggled to get through it. Novelty of seeing Clair Redfield and Leon S Kennedy fleshed out was quickly overtaken by crap action and dreadful voice acting. How Capcom thought they could pull this one off as a full length film is beyond me.

Comment

Yeh, isn't very good. There's a few nods to the games in some scenes which might please fans and overall I'd still prefer these types of films than the live action crap they've done.

Comment

Anything much be better than Dead Space: Downfall.

Comment

Just finished watched this, don't know what some of you guys are on about. I thought it was bloody good.

About as scary as buttering toast someone mentioned? I agree with this, but i have to add all Resident Evil games except the first one (at time of release) haven't been scary in the slightest.

As long as you think of it as if they let someone who did the cutscenes from the old playstation games direct the film your in for a good ride. Cheap cgi, cheesy dialogue, bad lipsync and action, everything thats in the games. Judging from the RE5 demo its still there bar the cgi (realtime nowadays).

Its what you guys have been asking for. I certainly wasn't dissapointed. A good comparison would be the Streetfighter 2 Anim(e)ted Movie, incredibly faithful to the source. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Will definetly be picking up the bluray when it hits the shelves.
              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 07-12-2008, 16:30.

Comment

I think any RE fan should enjoy this. Its basically one big cutscene. Wasn't amazing but its miles better than the live action Resi films.

Comment

Wasn't amazing is a good description, watchable, but meh

Comment

Watched this last night, It wasnt that great IMO.

The bit with the plane at the begging was pretty spectacular and the climax was pretty exiting but the rest of the film was just close ups of people running about shooting zombies in the head (which wasnt even done that well to be honest never mind the fact that it got boring fast) and although i understand that gamers already know Claire and Leon, there was next to no characterisation in the film at all which means non-fans would be left scratching their heads really if they ended up watching it. The script also had some convoluted in jokes and references that people whove played the games would understand but still not find very amusing.

So if youve played the games its like a 5 out of 10 and if you havent then its more like a 2 really.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 23-12-2008, 12:05.

Comment

Just watched the trailer on the PSN and it looks sweet!

Leon didn't sound right though. Is it a different voice actor than the games?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Just watched the trailer on the PSN and it looks sweet!

Leon didn't sound right though. Is it a different voice actor than the games?
                        It's the same one from Resi 4, he had a different voice actor in Resi 2 i think though

Comment

Just seen it. El Leone nailed it - its basically one giant cutscene.

Watchable but nothing special.

Comment

Gots me the Blu-ray today. Have to wait until tomorrow to watch it though. Quite looking forward to it.

Comment

In the middle of this now and think its utterly fantastic! Only about halfway through but am loving it. Only thing i don't like is that Leon's character is just so stiff. He seems to have no life in him, like he is a robot. In every scene, the only thing that moves is his lips. Still other than that i love it. This is exactly what the live action film should of been like. Awesome! Makes me hat RE4/5 zombies/monsters even more.

EDIT: Just finished and i'm impressed. Great move all round and all the flashbacks and End scene of

Resident Evil 2

are awesome. Great movie, and looks kewl in BluRay!

One other gripe though, if you can call it that. Is it just me or does Angela look like Angelina Jolie? The whole movie that was all i could think everytime she came on screen.

They must have based it off her?
                              Last edited by Cuber001; 17-02-2009, 12:01.

Comment

I found the scene where Leon is submerged in water one minute, and then when he gets out of it his hair is nicely brushed into place a bit hard to take the film any further than a long cut scene, as many have said. It jus made it sloppy and killed the realism somewhat for me. But i still liked it...........

Comment

Working...
                                X