The Gadget Show (C5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    However, I would really really like to see Jon Bentley have a fight with Giles Brandreth.

They are indeed one and the same person.

Comment

Anybody else still watching this?

This series and the previous one has had a real shake up because they've got rid of all the presenters except for Jason Bradbury (the one with ever more ridiculous glasses) and Pollyanna Woodward (pretty but a bit of a cheerleader).

With the extra budget freed up from not having to pay all the others, they've started sending the two all over the world every week.

So this week the were in Iceland and the show was split into 4 sections: Binoculars review; budget laptop comparison; dune buggy Vs. RC jeep; and the competition which seems to last longer than ever.

For the binoculars section, they went whale-watching and spent a lot of time moaning that they were cold and there were no whales whilst comparing three pairs of binoculars, one reasonably priced and then two over a grand. They'd look through the binoculars and say "Wow this image stabiliser is great!" then cut to a monologue where they where they'd say the same kind of thing, but like they were being interviewed or recording a travel video diary.

The Gadget Show has never been "must see" television, but it's always been fun and worth watching, but it's just boring in this current format.

I've always liked Jason Bradbury and I'd happily go for a pint with him, but he seems more hyperactive than ever, like he has to compensate for the loss of energy from losing the other three presenters. Pollyanna just seems to clap along at Jason jumping up and down like an excited baboon.

In big glasses.

Comment

Always been cringeworthy rubbish for me.

Comment

No Suzy Perry = No watch :-(

Comment

The Gadget Show (C5)

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            No Suzy Perry = No watch :-(
            Yeah especially when she's in the leather cat suits

On a related note, isn't Stephen fry doing a gadget type show on channel 4, 8:30pm Monday nights ?

That should be much better than channel 5's offering.

Comment

It's odd, because Pollyanna is very attractive, but Suzi Perry has got... it.

Stephen Fry doing a gadget review show?! He can't even put an IKEA desk together!

Comment

The Gadget Show (C5)

Ive just checked tv guide, Stephen fry is doing a gadget program, starts next Monday at half 8 on 4.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Anybody else still watching this?
                  Nope, for a Gadget show there's not much in the way of Gadgets in it. Revision3's Tekzilla and even BBC's Click kick sand in its face. It started going down hill once the tech became a sideline. Plus that new theme tune is bloody awful.

Oh, and the prize entry has increased to ?2 now (was previously ?1.50).
                  Last edited by MartyG; 14-11-2012, 11:31.

Comment

Haven't seen it in ages, but Pollyanna does it for me more than Suzi any day. I can think of at least two good reasons for starters.......

Comment

I'd like to do a full and thorough review of her gadgets

Comment

That picture is either old or heavily Photoshopped, probably both - she looks to have a lot more 'junk in her trunk' nowadays. She's attractive enough and is a passable presenter but neither of these things would persuade me to continue watching.

Another Suzi Perry enthusiast here and I miss Jon Bentley's more in depth contributions too.

I stopped watching soon after they changed to the new format, really didn't like it. Dipped into this series and it failed to interest me at all. I think the show's changes were a big big mistake.

It's always been a bit superficial but entertaining enough to watch now it just seems like an excuse to send the two most annoying presenters pointlessly around the world to exotic locations to play with some expensive toys. I find the summary 'reviews' to camera particularly feeble in fact the whole format is actually more old fashioned and far less fun than the original one.
                        Last edited by fallenangle; 15-11-2012, 03:14.

Comment

Jason is a good entertainer though, and some of the stuff they do is a giggle.

The robotic camel racing one i found particularly amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                            She's attractive enough and is a passable presenter but neither of these things would persuade me to continue watching.
                            Channel 5 tried to convince people to continue watching with this effort

Comment

Norks.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Channel 5 tried to convince people to continue watching with this effort
                                I remember seeing that sequence and I think one other of her in a bikini but the fact is she doesn't flash the flesh that often - probably wants to be taken seriously or present Blue Peter at some later stage. Too much flesh for my taste, she may be, as somebody else here once unfairly described her: "ageing TV totty" but give me Suzi Perry's legs and her superior presention skills in preference any day over PA's oversize T&A and bland, girly glamour.

Comment

Working...
                                X